ROG Member Array

ROG overclock panel problwm

Hiya everyone.
    I have seen using my overclock panel since my maximus v extreme.
    I was using it on a maximus vi hero and windows 7 no problems.
    However I upgraded to windows 10 it still worked fine.
    I reinstall windows 10 and now the screen it lit up but it just has weird coloured lines and dots in the display instead of the read outs.
    Its like the LCD has been damaged thats the way I describe whwt it looks like but it hasn't been damaged.
    It worked turned computer on one day it didnt.
    I downloaded the front base drivers for windows 10 and the rog connect plus drivers and it still wont work.
    Im stumped
    So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob-gtr View Post
    Hiya everyone.
    I have seen using my overclock panel since my maximus v extreme.
    I was using it on a maximus vi hero and windows 7 no problems.
    However I upgraded to windows 10 it still worked fine.
    I reinstall windows 10 and now the screen it lit up but it just has weird coloured lines and dots in the display instead of the read outs.
    Its like the LCD has been damaged thats the way I describe whwt it looks like but it hasn't been damaged.
    It worked turned computer on one day it didnt.
    I downloaded the front base drivers for windows 10 and the rog connect plus drivers and it still wont work.
    Im stumped
    So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    I find it difficult to understand how the OC Panel will work on the Maximus V Extreme in the first place though, as it only had the interface to support either ROG Connect and OC Key.
    But anyway, first things first, can you try connecting only the SATA power on the OC Panel to see if you can get proper displays?
    This step is only to help to clarify whether the problem is at the OC panel or the board.

On a side note, the latest firmware for the OC Panel is available online, maybe you may want to update it to prevent possible incompatibilities:
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...483.1446513001

ROG Member Array

Chino this is a brand new hero VIII board coming from a vi hero where it worked fine.

Thanks asus-op

Disconnected the mobo cable display is still the same lit up with just weird colours.

It worked fine then as I mentioned I turned my pc off next time it was turned on the screen wasnt working.
    I dont know if thus was going from an upgraded windows 10 retaining the windows 7 drivers then in done a clean install so those drivers were deleted.

The panel was included with the maximus v extreme and the board supported reg connect plus.

How do i open the file you linked its a h00 h01 ho2 files after unzipping? I never heard of them and google hasn't found anything.

Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by Jacob-gtr; 07-08-2016 at 12:26 AM.

ROG Member Array

Ok i flashed the firmware and its working again.
    Thanks a lot.
    One question when I used to hit the overclock button I could change my clocks on the spot in windows now I get a message saying overclock button pressed restarting PC in 5 seconds.
    Do i need to reboot to change the clock speeds now?.

Thanks again.

Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob-gtr View Post
    Chino this is a brand new hero VIII board coming from a vi hero where it worked fine.

Thanks asus-op

Disconnected the mobo cable display is still the same lit up with just weird colours.

It worked fine then as I mentioned I turned my pc off next time it was turned on the screen wasnt working.
    I dont know if thus was going from an upgraded windows 10 retaining the windows 7 drivers then in done a clean install so those drivers were deleted.

The panel was included with the maximus v extreme and the board supported reg connect plus.

How do i open the file you linked its a h00 h01 ho2 files after unzipping? I never heard of them and google hasn't found anything.

Thanks again for the help.
    The OC Panel wasn't available back Maximus V Extreme Days (LGA1155 Z77 chipsets), which should come with the OC Key (OSD OC instead of a separate panel)

I assume you are referring to the Ramage V Extreme (LGA2011v3, X99 chipsets)

Sorry I have forgotten to give you the link to the update tool, here it is:
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...483.1446513001

Run this as administrator, then you should be able to update it with the firmware ROM I posted earlier.
    Let me know if you run into any more issues.

ROG Member Array

Thanks mate appreciate it.
    My bad it was the maximus vi extreme.
    Sli had a major bug with the PLX chip in dual sli the gpu usage wouldnt go above a low % which I cant remember off hand but frame rates were horrible.
    You had to run one card in slot one and one in like slot 3 one was 16x one was 8x if was a joke so I just got a maximus vi hero and never had another problem.
    Anyway I flashed the firmware and its working again which us great.
    However when I press the overclock button a message pops up saying overclock button pressed and re boots to set the overclock.
    On my old motherboard I could change the clock from 42 44 46 within windows and it changed on the spot.
    Is this no longer possible?.

Thanks again.

Moderator Array

Hi Jacob,

The realtime OC will be available if the OC setting it attempts to jump into does not involve the change of BCLK setting.
    Please kindly advice:
    1. The clock before and after the OC button.
    2. If you are working with a XMP module? If yes what frequency.
    3. BCLK and CPU Strap used before pressing the OC button.

Will help to find out what happened to clarify this case for you.