cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 OC Panel only works sometimes?

gene-iv-ocz-rev
Level 7
I took the OC Panel off the old RVE and am using it on the new RVE E10 with some success. At times it works and other times it won't.

I did have a bad stick of ram previously and noted with 2 chips 16GB installed it worked. Now that I replaced the whole kit and have 32GB in there the OC Panel won't even power up.

Perhaps I'm missing something. Should I try and run on 2 sticks of ram and see if it comes back?

One thing I did note is that the same exact ram and cpu in the old RVE was not nearly as fast and efficient. This same chip went over 70F at 4.4GHZ now it's in the 50's at the same speed and lower voltages.

Asus did great work on this board it's really worth every penny!
3 REPLIES 3

Vlada011
Level 10
gene-iv-ocz-revo3-240 wrote:

Asus did great work on this board it's really worth every penny!

I'm glad to hear that.
I knew they will done much better board than RVE with far less problems.
I was completely sure in that. X99 was new platform, first with DDR4 and RVE was on shelves on time with processors and they didn't build revisions except USB 3.1.
It was obvious that Black version will be much better for both processors Haswell-E and Broadwell-E.

gene-iv-ocz-rev
Level 7
Thanks for the info I didn't know there was a new flash for it! So I flashed it and it did the same thing, then I looked close at it and found out it was a bad wire. I ordered one of the long cables and what I guess is the power wire was loose. Once I fixed that it worked again.
[