cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Asus Rog G20aj use a AMD Processor?

CrazyGamer
Level 7
I have a Intel Core i3-4150 and really need to upgrade. I figured out that AMD is much cheaper than intel so I am wanting a AMD. After researching I found a good one for a good price, the AMD FX 8300 for $119.00. I just want to know if this is compatible on my computer (Asus Rog G20aj). Thx
5 REPLIES 5

six4bravo
Level 10
Not with the intel chipset motherboard you have now. You'd have to find a used AMD based motherboard stripped from a AMD based G20BM and fit it into your chassis. Not sure what else would be able to move over or re-use though. Good luck.

Since the g20aj is meant to be compact, how will I find a amd motherboard that will fit the g20aj? Can you send me a link for a cheap one.

Since its a custom board, you'd have to search around ebay for one. They're on there for the G20AJ and usually around $60 used, you need to search google for an asus g20bm motherboard and see what comes up if you want to go that route.

If I get a new one what else do I HAVE TO upgrade? Do I need to upgrade my GPU?

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
the AMD version of the g20aj won't even take the am3+8150, if you have the intel, then you can go as high as a i7. what gpu do you have at present?