cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 CPU temperature problems

lukadjanelidze
Level 7
Hello everyone.

Lately my G751's CPU has been hitting 94-95 Celsius when gaming, and these are not max temperatures, these are like constant when playing especially Battlefield 4. Also CPU fan has been acting very strangely and hitting 25000 (yes, 3 zeros) RPM. What are the ways to kinda reduce CPU temperatures even to 90 Celsius?

Thanks in advance.
11 REPLIES 11

Rares95
Level 8
1) Repaste
2) 25000 RPM doesn't exist, sorry. It's either a problem with the rpm sensor or just a glitch...it can't be that high.

Rares95 wrote:
1) Repaste
2) 25000 RPM doesn't exist, sorry. It's either a problem with the rpm sensor or just a glitch...it can't be that high.

yeah i also didnt believe but the fans were very, very loud. is there any way that i can repaste by myself or should i do it in service center?

Rares95
Level 8
If you can send it to the service. Just because it was very loud it doesn't mean it was 25 K rpm. That's impractically fast. Your laptop would probably take off at those speeds. Look at what 23.000 RPM does to a CD

Rares95 wrote:
If you can send it to the service. Just because it was very loud it doesn't mean it was 25 K rpm. That's impractically fast. Your laptop would probably take off at those speeds. Look at what 23.000 RPM does to a CD

besides high temperatures and this absurdly high RPM, during this loud noise battery LED under mousepad starts to blink orange and green, after i turn off laptop, then turn it on and press power button for 10 seconds everything goes back to normal, fan noise also is reduced greatly.

Apoapsis
Level 7
Are you still under warranty? If so, you could send it in to be cleaned and repasted, though I'm not sure what the time period is for something like that.

Otherwise, if you're not afraid of breaking warranty, you can crack it open and dust it with compressed air, followed by a re-paste of the thermal grease.

Although, the high RPM kinda looks like a software problem. It would kinda suck if you were to open it up and break something, only because some driver was glitched. Anyone know what drivers he should reinstall just in case this is a software issue?

JustinThyme
Level 13
26000 rpms is not only not practical its not possible. fastest right now are the rediculous 120mm tornado fans at 10K rpm that you need hearing protection to be exposed to under osha regulations.
Would never fit in a laptop and you would have to more than double the speed of that horrendous monster.

Max is going to be in the 4000K range, ill check mine tomorrow.

Ifit is under warranty send it in, if not there are plenty of tutorials on re-pasting.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
26000 rpms is not only not practical its not possible. fastest right now are the rediculous 120mm tornado fans at 10K rpm that you need hearing protection to be exposed to under osha regulations.
Would never fit in a laptop and you would have to more than double the speed of that horrendous monster.

Max is going to be in the 4000K range, ill check mine tomorrow.

Ifit is under warranty send it in, if not there are plenty of tutorials on re-pasting.

I've noticed that so high RPM with battery LED blinking only happens when CPU is really loaded, for example when playing crysis 3, GTA V and also downloading something really big. Fan detectors might be buggy but noise is really, really loud. I've contacted asus and they said that i should clean off dust but I've bought laptop for like 4 months.

lukadjanelidze
Level 7
here's the actual picture

JustinThyme
Level 13
Strange, I just made a response to this and it disappeared. Forum is doing weird things again!

25K across the board for min and max is definitely and issue. Downloading should have no impact, its doesnt take CPU/GPU power to do that, just HDD for the most part and a little on the memory.

Dust isnt always a result of age, its a result of environment. Ive seen electronics be ready for a serious cleaning in less than a month.

When you say you contacted ASUS did you go to the online support page and open a ticket or go though a local shop? Dont even bother with locals. Some places they have less PC knowledge than my Labrador Retriever, and even those online are often sharp as a bowling ball but the big thing is to open a ticket and create an electronic paper trail to cover yourself should things go amuck from them giving you the run around.

My gut instinct on this is bad factory paste job.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein