cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Line on G751JY Screen

DestroyX
Level 7
Hello all.

I recently bought the G751JY. After 5 days of use, there appeared a black line on the left side of my screen. I called tech, and we went through a gamut of things and the line went away, but it's now back. However, it only pops up for a minute or a few seconds, fades to white, becomes almost imperceptible unless you look closely, then disappears. Then this happens all over again minutes or hours later. Also, the computer still runs perfectly fine--no issues there.
I don't think it's a hardware issue, because nothing happens when I flex the screen or close/open the lid, or even when I shake it a bit. But I'm not a pro at determining these things.

I've reset the computer back to the original settings and installed software, but the issue still occurs.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had this issue. I've read other threads of something similar and followed some of the advice given, but no luck.

I'm leaving the country for a few months in a little over a week, so I think I might just return it and wait until I'm back to get a new one.
But what's your opinions, should I just hang onto to it until I return--it'll still be under warranty--and get it serviced then or is this a sign of a potentially larger issue?
Considering how much I paid for it, I'm on the side of just returning it cause I'd like it to arrive issue free.

Thanks so much for your input!
I appreciate it!

Here's a link to a short video I took of it. This is pretty much what happens.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzBKG28XNqatamZDMkg1QkxYY2s
2 REPLIES 2

james11705
Level 7
I had similar problem with my desktop, n the cause was the cable(flex) connecting the display and the cpu, but since this is a laptop, it's better you return it coz it gonna get worse after a few days or weeks and since asus provides 30days exchange on pixel Faults u could easily get it exchanged.

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

JustinThyme
Level 13
I would return it and get another once you return before the return window runs out.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein