cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Mode i7 6700K?

Thomas_350Z
Level 7
Hey Guys!

I have the maximus ranger VIII board with an i7 6700k @ stock settings on a corsair h80i cooler.
The problem was the high v core of around 1,4 in the default bios settings resulting in high temps.
Now i set the v core to 1,2 and everything is fine running prime 95 small fft's for 2 hours.
I have not much knowledge in overclocking and so on. Currently i am running in manual mode. Is that ok?
Or i have to change it in adaptive mode because i read something like that in the forums?
Overclocking is not possible at the moment because my ambient room temperatures are extremely high from day to day.

best regards from austria 😛
18 REPLIES 18

Nate152
Hi Thomas_350Z

You can run it however you like but if you want to run in adaptive mode this will drop your speed and voltage when at idle and lower temps.

On the extreme tweaker tab set the cpu core voltage to adaptive and enter in your voltage in the "Additional Turbo Mode" and make sure the windows power plan is set to balanced.

The core clock and vcore should look like this, click the picture a couple times.

Thomas_350Z
Level 7
thanks for the answer.
In the additional turbo mode i should enter my 1,200V ?

Thomas_350Z wrote:
thanks for the answer.

yes

Thomas_350Z wrote:
thanks for the answer.

Here's a screenshot of the exact name of the option. Don't mind the value in the image. 😛

Thomas_350Z
Level 7
thanks guys! everthing works perfect!

Thomas_350Z
Level 7
i found out that my average temperatures in adaptive mode with a v core 1,200V are higher than with 1,200V in manual mode.
I run my CPU with the default Asus settings Sync all Cores and so on.
Why is there an increase of voltage over 1,200V in adaptive mode under load?

Nate152
I don't know why the cpu draws a little more voltage in adaptive mode but that seems to be the case with most cpu's. What you can do is on the extreme tweaker tab go to DiGi+ and set LLC (Load Line Calibration) to a lower level 1-3 and see if this helps lower the voltage when under load.

Thomas_350Z
Level 7
ok i cant get it like in manual mode. in manual mode my temps under loade are better.
is it possible to configure it with the offset mode? i dont wanna this increased voltage in adaptive mode but i wanna have the decreased voltage in idle :confused:

Thomas_350Z
Level 7
After a bios reset it finally works with the LLC (Load Line Calibration) on level 3.
under load it switches between 1,216V and 1,232V in adaptive mode like it did in manual mode before.
The temps are like in manual mode too.

Thanks Nate 😄