Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

UPDATE:

In the latest version "Lighting_Control_x99_HM_10334", it seems they have fixed the CPU usage issue.

I haven't had much time to test whether or not it still eventually freezes but so far so good.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by waterpig View Post
    UPDATE:

In the latest version "Lighting_Control_x99_HM_10334", it seems they have fixed the CPU usage issue.

I haven't had much time to test whether or not it still eventually freezes but so far so good.
    Thank you, i'm going to try it.

ROG Member Array huppra PC Specs
    huppra PC Specs
    MotherboardX-99 Asus Deluxe II
    Processor6850k
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 1080ti FE + EVGA Hydro Kit
    Sound CardSoundblaster AE-5
    MonitorAcer X34
    Storage #1CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510
    Storage #2Samsung 850
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150I
    CasePhanteks Evolv ATX TG
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850i
    Keyboard Corsair K95
    Mouse Corsair Glaive
    Headset Sennheiser HD 598SE
    Headset/Speakers JBL LSR305
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1903

The cpu usage is solved for me on w/Asus Deluxe II x99. However, It still does not output green to the LED strip if plugged into the board. I'm not sure at this point if its the board or the software.

edit: there is one request if the anyone who works on this software reads the board. Please let us pick the colors for the cpu temperature customization. It would be great to be able to pick my own "safe-load-danger" color pattern.
    Last edited by huppra; 09-13-2016 at 02:11 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by huppra View Post
    The cpu usage is solved for me on w/Asus Deluxe II x99. However, It still does not output green to the LED strip if plugged into the board. I'm not sure at this point if its the board or the software.

edit: there is one request if the anyone who works on this software reads the board. Please let us pick the colors for the cpu temperature customization. It would be great to be able to pick my own "safe-load-danger" color pattern.
    Which LED strip are you using?
    Are you using an Asus Aura adapter with it?
    The blue and green channels are swapped around on the Aura header.

New ROGer Array

UPDATE:

I have the Strix x99 Gaming motherboard and the lighting is stuck on one color, red, in the breathing mode. When I try to run the Aura software, no window appears on the screen and as previously noted, Aura is using 7 - 10% CPU.

1) I don't see version "Lighting_Control_x99_HM_10334" on the Asus website but there is one labeled "Lighting_Control_x99_10334" which still doesn't work on the Strix board.

2) I have tried every version of the lighting control software on the Asus website and none of them work.

3) The LED over the chipset is not lit but I'm not sure if the problem is with the LED or is fixable via the Aura software.

Has anyone with the Strix motherboard found a solution? This is pretty darn frustrating.
    Last edited by sdbuzzcut; 09-13-2016 at 03:33 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sdbuzzcut View Post
    I have the Strix x99 Gaming motherboard and the lighting is stuck on one color, red, in the breathing mode. When I try to run the Aura software, no window appears on the screen and as previously noted, Aura is using 7 - 10% CPU.

1) I don't see version "Lighting_Control_x99_HM_10334" on the Asus website but there is one labeled "Lighting_Control_x99_10334" which still doesn't work on the Strix board.

2) I have tried every version of the lighting control software on the Asus website and none of them work.

3) The LED over the chipset is not lit but I'm not sure if the problem is with the LED or is fixable via the Aura software.

Has anyone with the Strix motherboard found a solution? This is pretty darn frustrating.
    On Windows10 new version software is working for me although you can't configure the speed of lights and because of that thing motherboard(Strix X99) and GPU Strix 1070OC are a bit asynchronous. GPU lights are faster than MB. So it's solved but not at all.

ROG Member Array NeeqOne PC Specs
    NeeqOne PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)GSkills Ripjaws 4 (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti HYDRO COPPER Video Card
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cooling
    CaseCaselabs M​ercury S8
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX PSU
    Keyboard Logitech G710 Plus Wired Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius Wired Optical Mouse
    Headset V-MODA CROSSFADE M-100 SHADOW Headphones
    Mouse Pad ROG Whetstone Gaming Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers V-MODA CROSSFADE M-100 SHADOW Headphones
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)

Which LED strip are you using?
    Are you using an Asus Aura adapter with it?
    The blue and green channels are swapped around on the Aura header.
    Can you please provide a link to the ASUS Aura adapter?

My RGB LED strip only displays blue color and nothing else when connected to the aura header.
    Last edited by NeeqOne; 09-13-2016 at 06:04 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sdbuzzcut View Post

Try a complete uninstall using Revo Uninstaller Pro, restart, then install "Lighting_Control_x99_10334".

Shut the PC down, turn the switch on the PSU off for a few minutes then start the system again.

If that doesn't work disable everything at startup except Asus Aura and restart again.
    If it works that means you have a conflict at startup slowly enable each program at startup until you find which one is conflicting with Aura.

"Lighting_Control_x99_HM_10334" is the version for Deluxe II, I'm not sure if it will work on the ROG Strix.

Quote Originally Posted by NeeqOne View Post
    Can you please provide a link to the ASUS Aura adapter?

My RGB LED strip only displays blue color and nothing else when connected to the aura header.
    The Asus Aura adapter was included with the Cablemod RGB strip that I bought, I can't find a link to purchase them separately.

New ROGer Array

Try a complete uninstall using Revo Uninstaller Pro, restart, then install "Lighting_Control_x99_10334".

Shut the PC down, turn the switch on the PSU off for a few minutes then start the system again.

If that doesn't work disable everything at startup except Asus Aura and restart again.
    If it works that means you have a conflict at startup slowly enable each program at startup until you find which one is conflicting with Aura.

"Lighting_Control_x99_HM_10334" is the version for Deluxe II, I'm not sure if it will work on the ROG Strix.

The Asus Aura adapter was included with the Cablemod RGB strip that I bought, I can't find a link to purchase them separately.
    I just uninstalled the old lightning control and did instal Lighting_Control_x99_HM_10334 using the strix x99 mobo.
    Its all fixed its not using like 10% cpu anymore, thanks alot!

New ROGer Array

Thanks so much! The Revo Uninstaller was the magic. I followed your instructions just using the regular uninstaller but there was no joy. I downloaded Revo and let it do it's thing and VOILA! Aura now comes up and I can control the lighting.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast