Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Hello

Maybe when testing the same is being seen as I see. Hard to fix something that doesn't appear to be broke when investigating it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aura.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	59042

ROG Member Array

It is also consuming around 10% of my CPU as well. AND I can't even use the program because it is only booting into the background with no interface. This is outrageous. I buy an expensive motherboard to integrate with case LED's and they can't even get it to work. If they would just acknowledge the issue and see people are having problems with their software it would be a different story. Really not happy with this with no seeming end to it.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

Maybe when testing the same is being seen as I see. Hard to fix something that doesn't appear to be broke when investigating it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aura.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	59042
    Well what is clear is that some of us have freezing lights and software interruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brozovich.6 View Post
    It is also consuming around 10% of my CPU as well. AND I can't even use the program because it is only booting into the background with no interface. This is outrageous. I buy an expensive motherboard to integrate with case LED's and they can't even get it to work. If they would just acknowledge the issue and see people are having problems with their software it would be a different story. Really not happy with this with no seeming end to it.
    I totally agree with you.

ROG Member Array

I reset my cmos this morning to get the program to run. I checked the CPU load and it is around 7-10% I assumed it would only run at a high load when it booted into the background but this is not the case. It looks as though it is always at an abnormally high load.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Use Lighting_Control_x99_10324_T1005 instead

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Have yout tried the new Lighting Control x99 program?
    This is the util you need to use.

The general ROG Aura util does not work correctly with this board. It will run your CPU at 9-10% constant, while fully taxing one core 100% the whole time.

I uninstalled it, installed x99 lighting control from the asus site, bam, all issues gone, works flawlessly, no more cpu taxing as well.

look for Lighting_Control_x99_10324_T1005 under the Drivers and Tools download tab

ROG Enthusiast Array

I was wrong

I retract my last statement.

I'm back to aura taxing a core at 100% and using 10% constantly..

ASUS!! fix this!!

why does a lighting control app need so much cpu usage?? This is just bad programming... I would be ok with it if it wasn't picking a single core and maxing it out at 100% the whole time..

The second I end the service, all is well..
    Last edited by kcmcc; 08-27-2016 at 06:27 AM. Reason: wasnt finished

ROG Member Array huppra PC Specs
    huppra PC Specs
    MotherboardX-99 Asus Deluxe II
    Processor6850k
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 1080ti FE + EVGA Hydro Kit
    Sound CardSoundblaster AE-5
    MonitorAcer X34
    Storage #1CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510
    Storage #2Samsung 850
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150I
    CasePhanteks Evolv ATX TG
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850i
    Keyboard Corsair K95
    Mouse Corsair Glaive
    Headset Sennheiser HD 598SE
    Headset/Speakers JBL LSR305
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1903

I'm having the same issue with the Asus Deluxe II board. The RGB output LED strips will not display the correct colors. Green just does not exist. The aura app also eats 7-10% of my cpu on my 6850k at all times.

ROG Member Array

Asus Aura issue

I am having this issue on both X99 ROG Strix (6800K) and X99 Deluxe II (6850K) systems.

When it does work, the software and LEDs will eventually freeze and become unresponsive, but most of the time attempting to launch Aura software does nothing.

~10% CPU usage if Asus Aura service is running (just the service not the software).

I have another 6800K system using an RGB board from another brand.
    Benchmarking them side by side the Asus systems score significantly lower than the other system if the Asus Aura service is running.
    The score from the 6850K on the Asus board is lower than the 6800K on the non-Asus board (both stock).
    (regardless of whether the software/LEDs are responsive)

This is terrible considering the 6850K + Deluxe II costs almost double what the non-Asus board + 6800K did!

Taking such a big performance hit for the LEDs is definitely not worth it IMO.
    (This definitely needs to be fixed)

For those who want to get their LEDs to work on almost every startup I have found this works for me:
    When you shut down your PC turn the switch off on the PSU and leave it for a few minutes (or until the next time you start it up again).
    This should allow Asus Aura to launch after startup and give you control of the LEDs until they freeze again.
    Although this does NOT fix the constant ~10% CPU usage.

Hopefully these issues will be fixed soon or I will be forced to return both boards and switch brands entirely after using Asus for almost 20 years...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by waterpig View Post
    I am having this issue on both X99 ROG Strix (6800K) and X99 Deluxe II (6850K) systems.

When it does work, the software and LEDs will eventually freeze and become unresponsive, but most of the time attempting to launch Aura software does nothing.

~10% CPU usage if Asus Aura service is running (just the service not the software).

I have another 6800K system using an RGB board from another brand.
    Benchmarking them side by side the Asus systems score significantly lower than the other system if the Asus Aura service is running.
    The score from the 6850K on the Asus board is lower than the 6800K on the non-Asus board (both stock).
    (regardless of whether the software/LEDs are responsive)

This is terrible considering the 6850K + Deluxe II costs almost double what the non-Asus board + 6800K did!

Taking such a big performance hit for the LEDs is definitely not worth it IMO.
    (This definitely needs to be fixed)

For those who want to get their LEDs to work on almost every startup I have found this works for me:
    When you shut down your PC turn the switch off on the PSU and leave it for a few minutes (or until the next time you start it up again).
    This should allow Asus Aura to launch after startup and give you control of the LEDs until they freeze again.
    Although this does NOT fix the constant ~10% CPU usage.

Hopefully these issues will be fixed soon or I will be forced to return both boards and switch brands entirely after using Asus for almost 20 years...
    I hope some asus staff read us at least...

Almost two month from first message in this thread and no solution yet. I paid a lot too for MB and GPU with AURA system and I'm upset. Lights are part of the PC too, that's why asus always advertise them...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Legolas PC Specs
    Legolas PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero Wifi AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8600k oc 5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS MS246
    Storage #1Samsung MZVPV256
    Storage #2Samsung MZVPV256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110I v2
    Power SupplyPC 1200W Turbo-Cool 1200
    Keyboard ASUS SK2045