Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

nevermind it's back

just rebooted and and low and behold AsRogAuraService sitting at 8.2%....

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by nfinete View Post
    I just noticed mine is sitting at 6-7% usage again too.

But after killing the process I noticed the AURA software still works.

New ROGer Array

Solution

Hi all, i had the same problems,
    after using the newest version everything worked, then stopped working (probably because of New driver version, bios upgrade, ...).
    The symptoms were
    - Aura did not show it's GUI
    - 8,x % CPU usage for the service

Solution as mentioned before. Turn off your pc and then turn off the PowerSupply or pull the plug!

After that everything worked again and the cpu-usage was normal, too.

Thanks!

ROG Member Array NeeqOne PC Specs
    NeeqOne PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)GSkills Ripjaws 4 (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti HYDRO COPPER Video Card
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cooling
    CaseCaselabs M​ercury S8
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX PSU
    Keyboard Logitech G710 Plus Wired Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius Wired Optical Mouse
    Headset V-MODA CROSSFADE M-100 SHADOW Headphones
    Mouse Pad ROG Whetstone Gaming Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers V-MODA CROSSFADE M-100 SHADOW Headphones
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D. View Post
    Hi all, i had the same problems,
    after using the newest version everything worked, then stopped working (probably because of New driver version, bios upgrade, ...).
    The symptoms were
    - Aura did not show it's GUI
    - 8,x % CPU usage for the service

Solution as mentioned before. Turn off your pc and then turn off the PowerSupply or pull the plug!

After that everything worked again and the cpu-usage was normal, too.

Thanks!
    I did the same thing to fix the aura software not working.

However, some channels on my RGB LED strips still do not show the right color. For instance Green and Yellow show up as light blue and white respectively. This same strips has been tested with other controllers with no issue. I hope ASUS fixes this problem asap.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by nfinete View Post
    I know this will almost certainly fall on deaf ears at ASUS but the problem is somehow related to AsIO.dll. I attached the VS debugger to the process while it is spinning and it seems to be making calls out to the driver over and over in rapid succession without stopping.

AISuite ships AsIO.dll v 1.0.0.2 as well a 1.0.0.4, I have tried both versions of the dll and confirmed the issue exists with both. It is not easy to tell without symbols if the process is calling into AsIO over and over or if there is a loop. Either way this particular CPU consumption is not happening on the main thread which allows the process to remain responsive in some fashion.

ASUS should either fix their software or open source this aspect of the software so we can fix it ourselves.

As a side note, 1.0.0.2 *seems* to not be quite as heavily affected as 1.0.0.4 (which is what is installed by default). Using 1.0.0.2 made the process take hours to start chewing CPU time instead of minutes. I'll probably spend a bit more time trying to hack it to work tomorrow.

ROG Member Array Kyo88 PC Specs
    Kyo88 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Formula
    Processori7 7700k
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1KFA2 GTX 1080 Hall Of Fame
    MonitorROG PG278Q
    Storage #1Corsair MP500 240GB
    Storage #2Toshiba X300 4TB
    CPU CoolerEKWB Custom Loop
    CaseCorsair 750D HF
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G2 750w
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Razer Man o'War
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury Pro Gamer XL
    Headset/Speakers Hercules XPS 2.100
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear D6200

Hi guys. Same problem here with an X99 Deluxe II

ROG Member Array

Same issues

Really, this is a feature of the board. Why can't this work?

Ran through the same problems as everyone else in this thread. By the time I get it back to working, it'll eventually get stuck on a color. I'll have to kill power to everything, wait a few minutes, then back on. Rinse and repeat. Always taking up 10% of my 6850K CPU.

What is the next step... does ASUS have any competent support on this board?

New ROGer Array

I'm having the same issues with both the Strix GTX 1070 OC and the new Z170 Pro Gaming Aura motherboard. Most of the time I can't even get the application to open. The cpu utilization is totally unacceptable and not the level of quality I expected when I decided to purchase an Asus product.

The software in general is incredibly annoying, even when it is working. It's extremely difficult to choose a color on the color wheel and the same color looks different on the motherboard than it does on the graphics card (white light on the mobo has a pink tinge on the graphics card). I would love to be able to control these LEDs with 3rd party software. It would be great if it could integrate with my Hue+.

This thread needs some attention from Asus. Can you guys at least acknowledge the issue and let us know that software updates are in the works? At this point the aura software is essentially unusable.

New ROGer Array

R5e10/Strix 1080 same

Just wanted to weigh in on this one too, same high cpu (8-10%) on a rampage 5 edition 10 with a strix 1080.
    After it starts up and sets the lighting profile, you can term the service, but that'll just leave you with static lighting. I dont have anything on the led header so I'm not sure if I'm seeing the same incorrect colors that you guys are posting.

I opened a ticket about this and a couple other software defects a while back, all included versions, steps to reproduce, behaviors etc.

The response to the ticket was to upgrade to a 16month old bios for a different board. A+ there...

I've been keeping an eye out since about a month after this board was released for updated software on this one but so far updates have not corrected it.

Bump for 'fix your crap'...

New ROGer Array bostik PC Specs
    bostik PC Specs
    MotherboardROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
    Processori7-6850K
    Memory (part number)DDR4 32 GB Corsair 3000mhz
    Graphics Card #1Titan X (Pascal)
    OS Windows 10 versione 1709 (build SO 16299.192)

I apologize for my English goole, being posesso the rampage board 5 edition 10 and having spent about 600 euro I find myself with the same problem aura in the background using 8-10% cpu I was struck then by having the 6850k processor test test I arrived at this result 0-0.1% cpu, but the nice thing is the stupidity of the proceedings: uninstall aura and restart enter the bios and turn off rgb save and reboot to install last sleepers aura open the program and click on (and light is made hahah) I think it is the best solution because having Aquaero consumes 0-0.4 cpu in the background, I hope I have been of help wishes Merry Christmas to all

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast