cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Fix to Asus Z170-E Long Boot Times?

xlook
Level 7
I want to get the Asus Z170-E. But I've read complaints that it takes a long time to boot up Win 10. Below is a link yo it from Newegg. Is there a fix to this?

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16813132691
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hi xlook

Welcome to the ROG forum.

All z170 boards take a little longer to boot because of DDR4 memory training but it's not painfully slow. When I press the power button with my maximus viii formula I'm in windows around 30 seconds.

That's a nice deal for a new z170-E !

Nate152 wrote:
Hi xlook

Welcome to the ROG forum.

All z170 boards take a little longer to boot because of DDR4 memory training but it's not painfully slow. When I press the power button with my maximus viii formula I'm in windows around 30 seconds.

That's a nice deal for a new z170-E !

Hi Nate. Seriously, 30 sec boot time is completely inexcusable. Does this mean that all z boards of any brand take this long? I dont think all z boards have this idiotic symptom. This is the only thing that prevents me from buying it.

Is there any fix to this? There's got to be some fix.

brkkab123
Level 7
Try this it's worked for me in Windows 8, 8.1 &10. After you have your pc configured to your liking and updated, cleanup all your junk files and optimize/defragment your ssd's/hdd's. Then restart your pc, 7 times but don't login until the 7th straight restart. That speeds up prefetch and your ssd.

brkkab123 wrote:
Try this it's worked for me in Windows 8, 8.1 &10. After you have your pc configured to your liking and updated, cleanup all your junk files and optimize/defragment your ssd's/hdd's. Then restart your pc, 7 times but don't login until the 7th straight restart. That speeds up prefetch and your ssd.

That won't work

brkkab123
Level 7
My 3 year old AMD based pc restarts in about 20 seconds after doing that.
I get to build my new pc this weekend. Been waiting almost a month for my rma'd Maximus VIII Hero motherboard from Newegg. It finally comes today. The first Hero PCIe x16 slot 1 fell off the first board without me touching it.
Debating on whether I'm going to build it Saturday or Sunday.

Legolas
Level 9
To speed up boot up times: try disable PS/2 devices, SATA Boot -> HDD only; disable logos, disable full memory checks and all the options that do hardware checks, then it will be really fast.
Sincerely,
Legolas

Legolas wrote:
To speed up boot up times: try disable PS/2 devices, SATA Boot -> HDD only; disable logos, disable full memory checks and all the options that do hardware checks, then it will be really fast.

I'll just buy a non K board. I read that K mobos don't help with gaming anyway since the main component responsible for game visual processing is the GPU, not the CPU.

So I don't know if this is because of the DDR4 as mentioned before, but I am having boot time issues.

I have made a post on another forum that you can find here unfortunately, no fix as yet. I'm posting here to try and get some additional advice as I have managed to go from about 4 mins to about 1 min to get through to Windows.

So basically my issue is that from turning on the machine, the computer goes into an ASUS screen that tells me that I can go into BIOS. It holds here for about a minute then goes to the Windows loading screen. Please check the thread above for videos and I'm going to be starting a new thread on this forum which you can find here. So if you're looking for a fix to this issue, maybe check those out.

I have:
ASUS Z170 Deluxe (BIOS 3007)
Intel i5 6600K
8GB Corsair DDR4 (P/N CMK8GX4M2B3000C15)
ASUS GTX780 DCU2
then a number of HDDs & SSDs for storage OS on my Samsung 950 evo or something like that.

if anyone has a fix for this issue it would really help but I have not found anything yet.