cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound: i hear click and sometime's a big one

darkempire
Level 7
Hello.

Its frustration that i can't fix my sound what i hear on motherbord.
Whatever i try to get off wierd clicking sound, its happand readomly. i pay about 400 euro! for this motherbord
And i only get problems with it, and i'm pritty mush done with Asus motherbord, best motherbord i have on that time was
p8z77-v deluxe that was Free of problems.

And also it seems that i'm not only one....
Sorry not really good word to express about my fealings..
8 REPLIES 8

ondersma80
Level 7
darkempire wrote:
Whatever i try to get off wierd clicking sound

I'm sorry you have observed clicking sounds when you try to get off. Some users experience this and some do not. Those that do can eliminate the noise by using the default windows drivers or by letting Windows install it's own more updated realtek driver. Check this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?86111-Possible-fix-for-audio-sound-popping-issues-with-z17...

You might also try the realtek driver updates provided by ASUS. I experiencce no clicks or abnormalities using the latest driver provided at www.asus.com downloads.

ondersma80 wrote:
I'm sorry you have observed clicking sounds when you try to get off. Some users experience this and some do not. Those that do can eliminate the noise by using the default windows drivers or by letting Windows install it's own more updated realtek driver. Check this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?86111-Possible-fix-for-audio-sound-popping-issues-with-z17...

You might also try the realtek driver updates provided by ASUS. I experiencce no clicks or abnormalities using the latest driver provided at www.asus.com downloads.

That's what i did. not working with drivers on asus.
Thats alwens first thing that i do for updating

Chino
Level 15
When are you hearing this clicking sound? When you shutdown or turn on your system, a small clicking sound comes from the VRM and it's a perfectly normal behaviour.

Chino wrote:
When are you hearing this clicking sound? When you shutdown or turn on your system, a small clicking sound comes from the VRM and it's a perfectly normal behaviour.

what is VRM?

I get it from starting up and shutdown,

Chino
Level 15
From Wikipedia:
A voltage regulator module (VRM), sometimes called processor power module (PPM), is a buck converter that provides a microprocessor the appropriate supply voltage, converting +5 V or +12 V to a much lower voltage required by the CPU, allowing processors with different supply voltage to be mounted on the same motherboard.

Chino wrote:
From Wikipedia:

How can i fix this problem? sorry for a late reaction.

darkempire wrote:
How can i fix this problem? sorry for a late reaction.

If you only hear this noise at startup and shutdown, it is likely not an issue. If you hear it between startup and shutdown, during normal usage, See post #2. Some users experience this and some do not. I have never figured out a rhyme or reason to it. Some never hear it, some hear it try everything and it persists, even after swapping the board. If you are one of the unlucky you can always use the default Windows driver as that seems to correct it for everyone. You lose the special rog/realtek features of the realtek driver though. You can also use the updated Realtek driver provided by Windows Update as explained in the link I posted.

ondersma80 wrote:
If you only hear this noise at startup and shutdown, it is likely not an issue. If you hear it between startup and shutdown, during normal usage, See post #2. Some users experience this and some do not. I have never figured out a rhyme or reason to it. Some never hear it, some hear it try everything and it persists, even after swapping the board. If you are one of the unlucky you can always use the default Windows driver as that seems to correct it for everyone. You lose the special rog/realtek features of the realtek driver though. You can also use the updated Realtek driver provided by Windows Update as explained in the link I posted.

Start up and shut down sound i dont hear much about it.
But its just happend if i'm not listening music of games than i hear a click

There is also a bug? idw how to fix it.. if i'm listening a music, i'm unable to mute windows sound
Its automatic un-mute it itself. very weird and enoying enyone know how to fix that one?