cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming laptop and pharmacy school

Ryzolt
Level 7
Looking for suggestions on which asus laptop to get for gaming primarily battlefield 4 and 1 when it comes out. Ill also be using the laptop for pharmacy school in which ill be downloading alot of powerpoints and pdfs. My budget ia around 1500-1800 but depending on the laptop and what comes around maybe 2000.
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

gtan777x
Level 7
Don't get the G752. I carry mine everyday to work in a big backpack and there is barely enough room for other stuff and the thing weighs like a boulder. That said I'm very happy with it as I only use it at home or at the office. You cannot take it to a coffee shop if you want to do a study session as there wont be enough room a the table. Its really an 18"+ inch machine with a 17" display.

You could try the new Strix laptop. Looks like a G752 only thinner and lighter.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Do yourself a favor. Buy two laptops or forget gaming and go for what you need for school......PRIORITIES!
For a decent performance with high end intensive games you will spend every bit of $2K when its on sale! G751 is a couple of years old and can still be found here and there at a lower price point but still these machines are heavy!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Googlegot
Level 9
The G501 series is the 15" asus gaming laptop. If you're interested in lugging it around, get that.

The downsides are:

1. No Thunderbolt 3 port on the low end models. There is a USB-C port, but some do not have thunderbolt 3, which means no external GPU dock.
2. Only 1 M.2 slot, no NVMe RAID 0
3. Lower end graphics at the same price (GTX960m, should run mid-high settings OK at 1080p for battlefield)

Upsides:

1. 4k display
2. MUCH lighter (Trust me, you will get tired of lugging around a g752, it is no picnic)
3. Better battery life (there is a much larger battery installed in the 15" model, and the screen is less power hungry)

Googlegot wrote:
The G501 series is the 15" asus gaming laptop. If you're interested in lugging it around, get that.

The downsides are:

1. No Thunderbolt 3 port on the low end models. There is a USB-C port, but some do not have thunderbolt 3, which means no external GPU dock.
2. Only 1 M.2 slot, no NVMe RAID 0
3. Lower end graphics at the same price (GTX960m, should run mid-high settings OK at 1080p for battlefield)

Upsides:

1. 4k display
2. MUCH lighter (Trust me, you will get tired of lugging around a g752, it is no picnic)
3. Better battery life (there is a much larger battery installed in the 15" model, and the screen is less power hungry)

4K display is pointless on a 15' LAPTOP for obvious reasons if you plan on gaming on it.