cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVE10: SupremeFX Hi-Fi Front Panel Problems

tgwEcho
Level 7
Greetings!

I just finished a new build with the Rampage V Edition 10, i7-6850k, and GTX 1080s in SLI. While I'm generally pleased with the board's performance, I have been quite disappointed with the front panel audio.

Here are my issues/supporting information:

- I'm using Sennheiser HD650s with a 6.3mm jack.

- While I can get sound from the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output on the front panel, it sounds pretty dull and unimpressive compared with the sound blaster zxr.

- The impedance check works fine.

- I can't get Sonic Suite II to interact with the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output (i.e. front panel). This means the software options available in SSII (e.g., equalizer) have no effect on how my headphones sound when plugged into the front panel.

- Teamspeak 3 won't recognize the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output.

- the microphone on the SupremeFX Hi-Fi front panel is extremely quiet - even when the volume is set to the maximum level. If I connect it to the rear panel, it works well.

I have triple-checked that all drivers are installed (i.e., both Realtek and SupremeFX Hi-Fi) and that the front panel is connected to the motherboard and PSU properly. There are only two connections, so it would be hard to do improperly.

The supporting documentation is unhelpful, lacking a meaningful description of how to configure these audio devices and how to use them. The examples on YouTube appear to describe previous versions of SSII that have almost no connection with how the current software looks or operates.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?
47 REPLIES 47

erixx11
Level 11
Just to attract attention to HiFi panel problems, yours or others, I will add mine to this thread:
I have 2 Windows 10 partitions (one is Home, retail; one is Pro, lastest Insider Fast build).
On the retail OS I got HiFi box working, sounds great, I only miss the auto-output switch based on plug detection, being all Realtek stuff it should be possible!
But....in the Insider build Sonic Studio and HiFi driver are installed but clicking on the icons does nothing. Sonic Studio does not open. HiFi box application shows "Jack selection" screen. After clicking on a jack and on "next", nothing opens. Reinstalling all these programs in various ways, both from the ROG pendrive and from Asus website, rebooting in between, nothing fixes it.
Does a "Asus Supreme audio files Cleaner" type of solution exist?

Ah, extra info: In the Windows Playback Device screen, when I click "Test" on the HiFibox it shows sound levels going up and down. But no audio from headphones...

Questions:
a) is Sonic Studio needed at all to use the HiFi box? (Looks like a pretty useless software to me, I don't use effects.)
b) being the HiFi Box USB based, does order of software installation matter?
c) can the HiFi box be used when onboard Supreme audio is disabled in BIOS (p.e. in case you have a plug-in audio card)?

terrific: I could not make this panel working with W10 Insider Fast, but at least it was working with stock W10.... sounds "nice" (not a huge step but wtf)

Well, until yesterday. I just booted into Win10 Home (my partition for games etc) and nothing works, no Hifi box, no Sonic Suite... what a bloody ****!!! Taiwan software drama again! Please check your stuff guys!

I am also having these issues. I have gotten it to work only 2 times and each time i get distortion at bitrates 192hz and above. Seems to have driver related issues.

What I did to get it working:
1. Removed SupremeFX software from PC (do not reboot yet).
2. I went into Device Manager (clicked show hidden) and removed every single thing related to SupremeFX. *Note I kept the realtek stuff installed.
3. Shutdown the PC, unplugged the PCIe cable from the DAC.
4. Started PC, opened CCleaner and cleaned registry.
5. Shutdown the PC, replugged in the PCIe cable into the DAC.
6. Started PC, Installed SupremeFX package and restarted pc.

This happened to work, your mileage may vary. I tried every easier solution, like not unplugging pcie, just reinstalled drivers, etc.. It never worked.

The issue I believe is indeed the drivers. When I change headphone jack from 6.3 to 3.5 I hear a click (which I'm guessing is the hardware switching inputs) when it is working. I didn't hear this switch at all when the headphones didn't work. The volume knob also didn't work at all. Once I could manipulate the volume knob and it showed up in the SupremeFX software the audio would work again.

Overall I am displeased with the drivers and DAC as a whole. I hope they get the issues sorted out.

Side Issue: The mic in on the DAC is EXTREMELY low volume when working.

System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, 6850k, rve10, 16gb 3200mhz ram, 980ti, ax860 psu,

Just wanted to post an update, while it does work for most programs I am still having issues with games recognizing it as the default sound device. Some games I get no sound while using SupremeFX Hi-Fi, and other games I get the game sound but the ingame voice communication will not be working.

No Sound in Games:
Evolve Stage 2

No sound in voice communication in Games:
Overwatch

Obviously as I get to playing more games I will be able to enlarge this list.

Games that seems to work fine:
Black Desert Online
Arma 3 (although I haven't tested the in game voice communication)
Rainbow 6 Siege (usually in TS so I haven't checked in game voice communication)

Just wanna add my 2 cents, my setup is the Rampage V Edition 10.

Teamspeak3 recognise SupremeFX as an audio device but when you select and apply you get an error message saying "Cannot Open Audio Device".

So I end up having the Speaker icon showing it is muted.

In-game:
Insurgency will not play any sound until you go to in-game audio settings and toggle the playback for example from 2 Speakers to Headphones and that somehow brings back the sound.

In-game:
Arma 3. No issue, but a problem when you need to use TS to get TFR working.

I think the only fix will have to come in the form of a drive update by ASUS.

Regards,
Ferdinand

More problems with the SupremeFX HiFi:

Star Citizen does not launch if the card is active. I had to disable the card to be able to get the launcher to actually launch. Here is the error log:

[1012/221337:ERROR_REPORT:audio_output_device.cc(67)] Check failed: params.IsValid().
[1012/221337:ERROR_REPORT:ipc_message_utils_impl.h(24)] Check failed: false. Error deserializing message 2424935

So, it seems they are getting a bad configuration. Also, it seems to be a chrome bug, Star Citizen uses Chrome on the launcher.

After disabling the card the launcher starts properly. After patching the game and logging in I can then start the game directly without the launcher and it works fine with audio on the SupremeFX HiFi.

Guild Wars 2, no sound at all. The game refuses to use the SupremeFX HiFi 😞

When can we expect to have a solid release (non-beta) of the driver for the SupremeFX HiFi?

nonnac7 wrote:
I am also having these issues. I have gotten it to work only 2 times and each time i get distortion at bitrates 192hz and above. Seems to have driver related issues.

What I did to get it working:
1. Removed SupremeFX software from PC (do not reboot yet).
2. I went into Device Manager (clicked show hidden) and removed every single thing related to SupremeFX. *Note I kept the realtek stuff installed.
3. Shutdown the PC, unplugged the PCIe cable from the DAC.
4. Started PC, opened CCleaner and cleaned registry.
5. Shutdown the PC, replugged in the PCIe cable into the DAC.
6. Started PC, Installed SupremeFX package and restarted pc.

This happened to work, your mileage may vary. I tried every easier solution, like not unplugging pcie, just reinstalled drivers, etc.. It never worked.

The issue I believe is indeed the drivers. When I change headphone jack from 6.3 to 3.5 I hear a click (which I'm guessing is the hardware switching inputs) when it is working. I didn't hear this switch at all when the headphones didn't work. The volume knob also didn't work at all. Once I could manipulate the volume knob and it showed up in the SupremeFX software the audio would work again.

Overall I am displeased with the drivers and DAC as a whole. I hope they get the issues sorted out.

Side Issue: The mic in on the DAC is EXTREMELY low volume when working.

System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, 6850k, rve10, 16gb 3200mhz ram, 980ti, ax860 psu,

Hello,
Is there any news about the problem with the low noise of mic on*SupremeFX? I install the new beta drivers but nothing at all with the mic...
Any ideas?
Thanx*
George.
Μobo:ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI-CPU:Intel Core i9-14900K-Cooler:EKW-EK-KIT RGB 360-RAM:G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 CL32 64GB(4 x 16 GB)-GPU:ASUS GeForce® ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING RTX-3080Ti-#43; EKW-EK-KIT 480 RGB -PSU:Corsair HX1200i:HDD:Samsung M2 980 PRO with heatsink 2TB+Samsung 990 PRO 2 TB RAID-0 +Asus RAIDR Express 240GB- Case:Thermaltake View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Editionx

Very displeased that I cannot get the SupremeFX HiFi front audio panel to work with Sonic Studio. Anyone manage to get it working?

I just got a pair of the Sennheiser HD 598cs and got some Focal Elear's on order so I felt the push to get my SupremeFX HiFi AMP/DAC working.

Wiped all of the previous non working drivers and software relating to the HiFI DAC. Left my Realtek and Sonic Studios alone as those were a pain to get functioning smoothly.

Installed the V1911421 Driver packaged and used the Hifi supreme installer. Everything installed without problems. Sonic Studios still works on its own. The SupremeFX HiFi program recognizes my 23ohm headphones in the 3.5mm jack but gets nothing in the 6.5mm jack (tried a couple different headphones). When I play music into the 3.5mm, in my volume settings, it shows the music is playing but there is nothing coming into the headphones.

I have tried disabling and enabling sonic studios, I slowly but surely turned the volume knob a couple hundred feet to no avail.

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated :).