Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

New ROGer Array

RVE10: SupremeFX Hi-Fi Front Panel Problems

Greetings!

I just finished a new build with the Rampage V Edition 10, i7-6850k, and GTX 1080s in SLI. While I'm generally pleased with the board's performance, I have been quite disappointed with the front panel audio.

Here are my issues/supporting information:

- I'm using Sennheiser HD650s with a 6.3mm jack.

- While I can get sound from the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output on the front panel, it sounds pretty dull and unimpressive compared with the sound blaster zxr.

- The impedance check works fine.

- I can't get Sonic Suite II to interact with the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output (i.e. front panel). This means the software options available in SSII (e.g., equalizer) have no effect on how my headphones sound when plugged into the front panel.

- Teamspeak 3 won't recognize the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output.

- the microphone on the SupremeFX Hi-Fi front panel is extremely quiet - even when the volume is set to the maximum level. If I connect it to the rear panel, it works well.

I have triple-checked that all drivers are installed (i.e., both Realtek and SupremeFX Hi-Fi) and that the front panel is connected to the motherboard and PSU properly. There are only two connections, so it would be hard to do improperly.

The supporting documentation is unhelpful, lacking a meaningful description of how to configure these audio devices and how to use them. The examples on YouTube appear to describe previous versions of SSII that have almost no connection with how the current software looks or operates.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?
    Last edited by tgwEcho; 07-10-2016 at 06:33 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Just to attract attention to HiFi panel problems, yours or others, I will add mine to this thread:
    I have 2 Windows 10 partitions (one is Home, retail; one is Pro, lastest Insider Fast build).
    On the retail OS I got HiFi box working, sounds great, I only miss the auto-output switch based on plug detection, being all Realtek stuff it should be possible!
    But....in the Insider build Sonic Studio and HiFi driver are installed but clicking on the icons does nothing. Sonic Studio does not open. HiFi box application shows "Jack selection" screen. After clicking on a jack and on "next", nothing opens. Reinstalling all these programs in various ways, both from the ROG pendrive and from Asus website, rebooting in between, nothing fixes it.
    Does a "Asus Supreme audio files Cleaner" type of solution exist?

Ah, extra info: In the Windows Playback Device screen, when I click "Test" on the HiFibox it shows sound levels going up and down. But no audio from headphones...

Questions:
    a) is Sonic Studio needed at all to use the HiFi box? (Looks like a pretty useless software to me, I don't use effects.)
    b) being the HiFi Box USB based, does order of software installation matter?
    c) can the HiFi box be used when onboard Supreme audio is disabled in BIOS (p.e. in case you have a plug-in audio card)?
    Last edited by erixx11; 07-10-2016 at 11:09 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

terrific: I could not make this panel working with W10 Insider Fast, but at least it was working with stock W10.... sounds "nice" (not a huge step but wtf)

Well, until yesterday. I just booted into Win10 Home (my partition for games etc) and nothing works, no Hifi box, no Sonic Suite... what a bloody ****!!! Taiwan software drama again! Please check your stuff guys!

New ROGer Array

Also having issues...

I am also having these issues. I have gotten it to work only 2 times and each time i get distortion at bitrates 192hz and above. Seems to have driver related issues.

What I did to get it working:
    1. Removed SupremeFX software from PC (do not reboot yet).
    2. I went into Device Manager (clicked show hidden) and removed every single thing related to SupremeFX. *Note I kept the realtek stuff installed.
    3. Shutdown the PC, unplugged the PCIe cable from the DAC.
    4. Started PC, opened CCleaner and cleaned registry.
    5. Shutdown the PC, replugged in the PCIe cable into the DAC.
    6. Started PC, Installed SupremeFX package and restarted pc.

This happened to work, your mileage may vary. I tried every easier solution, like not unplugging pcie, just reinstalled drivers, etc.. It never worked.

The issue I believe is indeed the drivers. When I change headphone jack from 6.3 to 3.5 I hear a click (which I'm guessing is the hardware switching inputs) when it is working. I didn't hear this switch at all when the headphones didn't work. The volume knob also didn't work at all. Once I could manipulate the volume knob and it showed up in the SupremeFX software the audio would work again.

Overall I am displeased with the drivers and DAC as a whole. I hope they get the issues sorted out.

Side Issue: The mic in on the DAC is EXTREMELY low volume when working.

System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, 6850k, rve10, 16gb 3200mhz ram, 980ti, ax860 psu,
    Last edited by nonnac7; 07-14-2016 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Added System Specs

New ROGer Array

An Update

Just wanted to post an update, while it does work for most programs I am still having issues with games recognizing it as the default sound device. Some games I get no sound while using SupremeFX Hi-Fi, and other games I get the game sound but the ingame voice communication will not be working.

No Sound in Games:
    Evolve Stage 2

No sound in voice communication in Games:
    Overwatch

Obviously as I get to playing more games I will be able to enlarge this list.

Games that seems to work fine:
    Black Desert Online
    Arma 3 (although I haven't tested the in game voice communication)
    Rainbow 6 Siege (usually in TS so I haven't checked in game voice communication)

New ROGer Array

Add: Teamspeak3, Arma3, Insurgency, SupremeFX

Just wanna add my 2 cents, my setup is the Rampage V Edition 10.

Teamspeak3 recognise SupremeFX as an audio device but when you select and apply you get an error message saying "Cannot Open Audio Device".

So I end up having the Speaker icon showing it is muted.

In-game:
    Insurgency will not play any sound until you go to in-game audio settings and toggle the playback for example from 2 Speakers to Headphones and that somehow brings back the sound.

In-game:
    Arma 3. No issue, but a problem when you need to use TS to get TFR working.

I think the only fix will have to come in the form of a drive update by ASUS.

Regards,
    Ferdinand

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Koutport PC Specs
    Koutport PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)IBM THINK PAD
    MotherboardASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
    ProcessorI7 6950Χ
    Memory (part number)CMD32GX4M4B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce® GTX 1080TI POSEIDON -EKW EK-KIT RGB 360
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2ASUS RAIDR EXPRESS+ CORSAIR SSD 2X120 RAID-0
    CPU CoolerEKW-EK-KIT RGB 360
    CaseCORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES 760T F/T.
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i
    Keyboard RAZER BLACKWIDOW CHROMA V2
    Mouse RAZER MAMBA TOURNAMENT EDITION-Razer Deathadder Elite-Razer Basilisk
    Headset ASUS STRIX 7.1- Razer ManO’War 7.1-Razer Nari Ultimate
    Mouse Pad RAZER GOLIATHUS
    Headset/Speakers Razer Nommo Chroma
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT

Unhappy MIC on SupremeFX

Quote Originally Posted by nonnac7 View Post
    I am also having these issues. I have gotten it to work only 2 times and each time i get distortion at bitrates 192hz and above. Seems to have driver related issues.

2. I went into Device Manager (clicked show hidden) and removed every single thing related to SupremeFX. *Note I kept the realtek stuff installed.

This happened to work, your mileage may vary. I tried every easier solution, like not unplugging pcie, just reinstalled drivers, etc.. It never worked.

The issue I believe is indeed the drivers. When I change headphone jack from 6.3 to 3.5 I hear a click (which I'm guessing is the hardware switching inputs) when it is working. I didn't hear this switch at all when the headphones didn't work. The volume knob also didn't work at all. Once I could manipulate the volume knob and it showed up in the SupremeFX software the audio would work again.

Overall I am displeased with the drivers and DAC as a whole. I hope they get the issues sorted out.

System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, 6850k, rve10, 16gb 3200mhz ram, 980ti, ax860 psu,
    Hello,
    Is there any news about the problem with the low noise of mic on*SupremeFX? I install the new beta drivers but nothing at all with the mic...
    Any ideas?
    Thanx*
    George.
    Μobo:ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10-CPU:INTEL 6950X-Cooler:EKW-EK-KIT RGB 360-RAM:Corsair Dominator 64GB(8x8)3000 CL15-GPU:ASUS GeForce® GTX 1080TI POSEIDON+ EKW-EK-KIT RGB -PSU:Corsair HX1200i:HDD:Samsung M2 960 PRO 512GB+Samsung 860 EVO 512 Raid 0+Asus RAIDR Express 240GB[/B]- Case:CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES 760T

ROG Enthusiast Array xthane PC Specs
    xthane PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
    Processori7 6900k
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX4M4B3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX
    Sound CardASUS Xonar DX
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
    Mouse Logitech G502 RGB
    Headset Audio-Technica ATH-A1000Z
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Very displeased that I cannot get the SupremeFX HiFi front audio panel to work with Sonic Studio. Anyone manage to get it working?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by nonnac7 View Post

Thank you sir. I followed this to get my RVe10 DAC/Amp working on my RIVE. Perfect.**

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Koutport PC Specs
    Koutport PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)IBM THINK PAD
    MotherboardASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
    ProcessorI7 6950Χ
    Memory (part number)CMD32GX4M4B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce® GTX 1080TI POSEIDON -EKW EK-KIT RGB 360
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2ASUS RAIDR EXPRESS+ CORSAIR SSD 2X120 RAID-0
    CPU CoolerEKW-EK-KIT RGB 360
    CaseCORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES 760T F/T.
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i
    Keyboard RAZER BLACKWIDOW CHROMA V2
    Mouse RAZER MAMBA TOURNAMENT EDITION-Razer Deathadder Elite-Razer Basilisk
    Headset ASUS STRIX 7.1- Razer ManO’War 7.1-Razer Nari Ultimate
    Mouse Pad RAZER GOLIATHUS
    Headset/Speakers Razer Nommo Chroma
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT

Quote Originally Posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
    Thank you sir. I followed this to get my RVe10 DAC/Amp working on my RIVE. Perfect.**
    Hello
    Do you have problems with the mic of DAC supreme fx? I have problem with any apps (teamspeak,skype etc) with the sound they listening me very bad and low noise. All problems stoped as soon as connect the jack to the rear panel of board...The sound of headphones is very good!
    Thanx
    George
    Μobo:ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10-CPU:INTEL 6950X-Cooler:EKW-EK-KIT RGB 360-RAM:Corsair Dominator 64GB(8x8)3000 CL15-GPU:ASUS GeForce® GTX 1080TI POSEIDON+ EKW-EK-KIT RGB -PSU:Corsair HX1200i:HDD:Samsung M2 960 PRO 512GB+Samsung 860 EVO 512 Raid 0+Asus RAIDR Express 240GB[/B]- Case:CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES 760T

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast