Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Thx for your reply again, tried every way possible of updating my bios and its a no go, always the same selected file is not a proper bios, i give up for now, my system is very stable, but i want my skylake 6700K just to perform how intel meant it to, and thats with a 1000MHz FCLK and not the wrong 800MHz that came with my board bios, i have had it overcloked perfectly also since last september at 4500MHz, so i was thinking cpu core ratio 36 and BCLK 125, would that then give me the correct 1000MHz FCLK ? Oh and, i dont want my cache at 4500, so how do i get it to just 4100 default with the 4500 overclock still ?
    Last edited by Daytrader; 07-11-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse ROG Chakram Core
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK Prism XL
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hmm I'm wondering if you are doing the bios update procedure correctly, you can also use EZ-Flash on the tool tab.

The FCLK will stay at 800MHz and is the default frequency, what will raise is the system agent clock.

But yes give it a try with the BCLK at 125, just be sure to look at the top of the extreme tweaker tab to see what the frequencies are and adjust accordingly.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by Daytrader View Post
    Thx for your reply again, tried every way possible of updating my bios and its a no go, always the same selected file is not a proper bios, i give up for now, my system is very stable, but i want my skylake 6700K just to perform how intel meant it to, and thats with a 1000MHz FCLK and not the wrong 800MHz that came with my board bios, i have had it overcloked perfectly also since last september at 4500MHz, so i was thinking cpu core ratio 36 and BCLK 125, would that then give me the correct 1000MHz FCLK ? Oh and, i dont want my cache at 4500, so how do i get it to just 4100 default with the 4500 overclock still ?
    Have you tried using USB pendrives that are small in size? Make sure the USB pendrive is FAT32 formatted and the BIOS file is the only file on the drive.

Thx guys, over the last 10 months i have tried everything, i have been building PC's the last 15 years as well, and never had trouble updating bios when needed, i know what i am doing, tried 3 pen drives i have here as well, and been using ez flash in the tool menu of bios recently with no joy, funny thing is i can save my bios and take screenshots to the same usb stick, so it must be working and formated correctly i would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Hmm I'm wondering if you are doing the bios update procedure correctly, you can also use EZ-Flash on the tool tab.

The FCLK will stay at 800MHz and is the default frequency, what will raise is the system agent clock.

But yes give it a try with the BCLK at 125, just be sure to look at the top of the extreme tweaker tab to see what the frequencies are and adjust accordingly.
    I thought fclk x bclk = system agent clock, so my fclk 800 x bclk 125 will give me the correct 1ghz i am after, as at the moment my SAC is at just 800mhz in hwinfo monitor, all i want is to get it running as the default intel skylake spec that bios fixes that i cant install, so i aint loosing any gpu fps in games.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse ROG Chakram Core
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK Prism XL
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Well the default frequency for the FCLK is 800MHz so you're not losing any performance, the system agent clock does affect the speed of the pcie lanes so anything higher than the default system agent clock of 800MHz is overclocking.

125 BCLK x 800 FCLK should put the system agent clock at 1000MHz.

Have you tried this yet?

How old are your usb flash drives? Updating the bios with older usb flash drives has been known occasionally not to work.

There all quite new usb drives, in the last year or so, Nate, the default FCLK for intel skylake specification is 1000MHz, that is what the new fixed bios's were all released for, all the original skylake motherboards that came out last august/september came with the wrong 800MHz FCLK, thats why i want 1000MHZ, not tried doing the 125 BCLK yet thou.

However, the Intel recommended value for desktops, as dictated in their ‘tuning guide’ for motherboard manufacturers was 1000 MHz, or the 10x ratio setting. Fast forward to mid-August, and firmware update 1168 from Intel now allows motherboard manufacturers to implement the 10x setting for FCLK at POST. This means that the motherboard manufacturers now have to implement that firmware into their BIOS packages and request that all owners upgrade in order to benefit from this change.
    Last edited by Daytrader; 07-12-2016 at 11:39 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array KotTHECat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daytrader View Post
    Thx guys, over the last 10 months i have tried everything, i have been building PC's the last 15 years as well, and never had trouble updating bios when needed, i know what i am doing, tried 3 pen drives i have here as well, and been using ez flash in the tool menu of bios recently with no joy, funny thing is i can save my bios and take screenshots to the same usb stick, so it must be working and formated correctly i would have thought.
    Maybe you put the USB drive into wrong port. Double check it.
    P.S. There is no error message "not a proper bios" if you are using flashback method.

Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by KotTHECat View Post
    Maybe you put the USB drive into wrong port. Double check it.
    P.S. There is no error message "not a proper bios" if you are using flashback method.

Thx for image, but no when using flashback i did use that port, and when using ez flash from bios, i have tried every usb post on the ranger, no joy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast