cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable XMP cause flickering display Windows 10

MrOptimistic16
Level 7
Hey guys can anyone help me please when i enabling profile 1 of xmp i'm having flicker issue on my display which cause of the high voltage/wrong timing of the ram base on my research i have no idea when it comes to overclocking 😞 hopefully someone can give me some info on what to change on the bios in order to enable xmp without flickering issue thanks guys.
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15
Please list your complete system specifications for me. Also include BIOS version and how you're connecting your system to your monitor.

Chino wrote:
Please list your complete system specifications for me. Also include BIOS version and how you're connecting your system to your monitor.

ops sorry on that one here is the list of my specs i'm connecting via hdmi on board graphics card also if i may add when i'm using display port there's a flicker at the startup/bootup only it happens before the rog logo shows.

Asus Maximus Formula VIII
Dell U2715H
G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 16GB

Nate152
Hi Mr0ptimistic16

If the flickering doesn't happen at default settings try this, on the extreme tweaker tab set:

vccio voltage 1.20v - 1.25v
cpu system agent voltage 1.20v - 1.25v

Try both at 1.20v first

Then enable XMP and see if the flickering still occurs, if you still get the flickering try setting your ram manually. If you need help setting your ram manually please list the timings of your ram kit.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Mr0ptimistic16

If the flickering doesn't happen at default settings try this, on the extreme tweaker tab set:

vccio voltage 1.20v - 1.25v
cpu system agent voltage 1.20v - 1.25v

Try both at 1.20v first

Then enable XMP and see if the flickering still occurs, if you still get the flickering try setting your ram manually. If you need help setting your ram manually please list the timings of your ram kit.

thanks for the info will try this when i got home 😄

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
All right

Give us an update when you get a chance.

thanks for the help sir so far so good by the way here are the screenshot of my bios let me know if i still need to change something.

Nate152
Good to hear the flickering is gone. 🙂

You really don't need to change anything but if you want to fine tune it you can or you can overclock your 6700k.

To fine tune it, you can lower the vccio voltage, cpu system agent voltage and cpu core/cache voltage.

Start with one and lower it .01v and test for stability, once it becomes unstable or flickers then bring it back up .01v - .02v.

Do this with each of the three settings, if you will be overclocking your cpu you don't need to lower the cpu core/cache voltage as you will need to raise that for overclocking.

You have a good cpu cooler for overclocking.