cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 UEFI and m8h

Shinnok
Level 7
Hello

I have issue with installing windows 7 x64 unltimate pure eufi.
When i disable csm my windows installation stuck on Windows starting logo. I created w7 uefi usb manualy, by rufus , Asus ez install (with add uefi boot)
Its any solution how to install w7 on this motherboard without csm ?
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi Shinnok

With windows 7 I'm pretty sure you want csm enabled. You can install windows 7 with csm enabled then do the free upgrade to windows 10 then disable csm.

This is what I did.

I dont want to install w10 🙂 coz that OS its absolutly useless 😉
I want to install w7 pure uefi

Nate152

Shinnok
Level 7
and without csm enabled?

Nate152
You'll have problems like you are now. 🙂

You'll have to let csm enabled.

Why do you call windows 10 useless? I did the free upgrade then installed the classic shell to make it look and feel more like windows 7, the only reason I upgraded to windows 10 was for the directx 12 feature otherwise I would have stuck with windows 7.

Shinnok
Level 7
Anyway, that topic i start with question if its possible to install w7 64bit ultimate uefi without csm and not trashtalking about w10. Stuff which one i use its slower on w10 then on w7 and atm its dx12 useless for me.
So to topic: It is possible to install w7x64 on m8h without csm ?

PS: i hope moderator know how to write post related to topic ^^ 😉

Nate152
Well let's see how many times did I say you need to let csm enabled for windows 7.

I count 3, how many more times would you like me to tell you? 😉

Shinnok
Level 7
Man please read again my question and your answer.

Shinnok wrote:
Hello

I have issue with installing windows 7 x64 unltimate pure eufi.
When i disable csm my windows installation stuck on Windows starting logo. I created w7 uefi usb manualy, by rufus , Asus ez install (with add uefi boot)
Its any solution how to install w7 on this motherboard without csm ?

So you:

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Shinnok

With windows 7 I'm pretty sure you want csm enabled. You can install windows 7 with csm enabled then do the free upgrade to windows 10 then disable csm.

This is what I did.

Nate152 wrote:
You can install windows 7 in uefi mode but leave csm enabled.

Nate152 wrote:
You'll have problems like you are now. 🙂

You'll have to let csm enabled.

Why do you call windows 10 useless? I did the free upgrade then installed the classic shell to make it look and feel more like windows 7, the only reason I upgraded to windows 10 was for the directx 12 feature otherwise I would have stuck with windows 7.

I think after this 3 post you wanna tell me : Windows 7 need to have enabled CSM for UEFI and there`s no solution for windows boot up without CSM.

Thx 😉

Nate152
Yes, you took the words right out of my mouth and from my 2nd post.

Have you got windows 7 installed in uefi mode? I had windows 7 installed in uefi mode with csm enabled on my maximus v extreme.

One last time - LET CSM ENABLED FOR WINDOWS 7 THEN SIMPLY DO A UEFI INSTALL. 🙂