cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uefi in bios mode, need help

Shamanji
Level 7
hello i finally got a round to installing Windows in uefi mode but im unsure if i set the bios correctly.

Someone wrote this .

I finally found a solution that works for me so I hope it works for others. My O/S drive is a Samsung 950 pro M.2 drive and windows is installed in UEFI mode. In CSM Compatibility mode I switched boot option to "UEFI only" and set everything else to Ignore. Also Changed PCI-Express setting to "UEFI first". It's all in the same menu so you'll see what I mean when you play around in there.

Cold Boot time is down to around 15 seconds which I'm happy with. I've left all the memory checks at auto and I'm running 32GB @2600mhz in XMP Mode. Bios 1402.

i found the CSM Compatibility mode in the boot menu, and ive set all 4 to uefi only /uefi drivers first.

but i cant find the setting for my uefi pci-express so i can set it for uefi also.

on the attached Photo you can see what ive changed, i hope i did it right.

The "Also Changed PCI-Express setting to "UEFI first". he writes about is that the 4th option i see in the bios / Picture? the last one?
4 REPLIES 4

Shamanji
Level 7
I have another question about a issue encountered if it is one tho.

When i installed Windows 10 in uefi mode i saw Windows load with the asus logo from when it boots, after everything was intalled and ran fine all drivers and stuff. upon some bootups i noticed it started showing the Windows 10 logo instead when Windows loaded.

why dos it do that ?

is it a problem i should fix and how do i fix it, dos it still load in uefi mode when the Windows logo shows?

Also when i set boot from storage device to ignore or uefi drivers first , my hdd on the Intel sata controller dissapears in the bios under how my boot order it set.

Chino
Level 15

for now ive set.

boot device control = Uefi only

boot from Network devices = legacy

boot from storage devices = legacy

boot from pci-e / pci exspansion devices = uefi drivers only

if i chance boot from storage devices to uefi only or ignore i cant see my harddrives that are on the Intel controller or the nsamnsung 950 pro anymore under boot order.

Shamanji
Level 7
im not sure if i undestand you correctly should i disable CMS?

When the normal Windows 10 logo is on when Windows is running should i take that as it runs in legacy mode?