cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 34" ROG PG348Q - Dead Sub pixel

adamr
Level 7

So

1. Has anyone else had this issue and if you fixed it ... how? ive run the software fixes for an hour and no luck
2. Will this be covered by Asus ZBD warranty ... im not sure if this counts as a dead pixel or stuck pixel. Because technically the red and blue works in this pixel not the green
Maximus XI Formula - 9900K - Razer Viper Ultimate - Corsair K70 LP - 970PRO NVMe - SSD 850 Evo - 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro - Phanteks Evolv X - Asus ROG Strix OC 3080 Ti - Corsair H115i Platinum - AX1200i PSU
5 REPLIES 5

Bahz
Level 12
I would recommend that you try contacting support first and show them the pictures. I think the most important thing after purchasing a new monitor is to test the monitor thoroughly for dead or stuck pixels. Each time when I bought a monitor and found dead or stuck pixels, I brought it back to the store within 7 business days and got a replacement without any issues.

Bahz wrote:
I would recommend that you try contacting support first and show them the pictures. I think the most important thing after purchasing a new monitor is to test the monitor thoroughly for dead or stuck pixels. Each time when I bought a monitor and found dead or stuck pixels, I brought it back to the store within 7 business days and got a replacement without any issues.

Thank you... I did contact Asus support at the same time and also the retailer. Waiting on Asus to get a replacement unit.
Maximus XI Formula - 9900K - Razer Viper Ultimate - Corsair K70 LP - 970PRO NVMe - SSD 850 Evo - 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro - Phanteks Evolv X - Asus ROG Strix OC 3080 Ti - Corsair H115i Platinum - AX1200i PSU

Bahz
Level 12
If you come across any issues please pass me your full contact information and RMA and case ID number through private message and I can help follow up on the case.

Cheers,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
If you come across any issues please pass me your full contact information and RMA and case ID number through private message and I can help follow up on the case.

Cheers,
Bahz

will do ... awaiting on Asus ZA to get back to me with a replacement unit (as per email from retailer)

If by the end of this week i hear nothing ... I will be in touch

adamr
Level 7
Ok got an update. The distributor Tarsus and retailer Evetech have decided to replace the monitor. Because of the stock shortage they have placed one on back order that should arrive in September. They have said I can use the current one until then... Only thing is I must make sure I don't damage it and that I keep all the retail packaging (which is more than fair)

Will keep this post updated with progress to this and also what the replacement is like. The monitor itself is stunning and I can't see myself using any other monitor besides this. Even when the option to get a refund was given to me and to buy another high end monitor... I just could not see myself wanting anything else. Let's hope there is a good ending to this story 🙂