cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why i must start the system on VII Hero with "Start"Button on Motherboard today ?

LordofPressure
Level 7
hello peoples.

Everytime, when i start the pc to set up windows or linux, i push the button on my rack (tower) to shut up.

today, 15 minutes ago, i push it, but nothing happens. then i look on the mainboard and i have seen that is normaly lightning, thinking to push the button on it,
to look whats happens. It's starts normaly. i feel confused about it now.
the new psu ( since oct. 2015) i don't think as reason with 1000 W , Bios is version 31.03 , on the LED on Board it's show : A0.

please help
2 REPLIES 2

Pandur
Level 10
My first thought is that the button on your tower is broken. You can try shorting the two pins for the power button in the motherboard to test this. If it boots when you short the two pins but it won't boot when you press the button, then the button is broken.
Asus ROG G55VW:
CPU: i7 3630QM
GFX: Geforce GTX660M with 2GB ram
RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)
Storage: RAID0 with 2x 256Gb Crucial SSDs (both msata, one in a sata adapter)

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I had a case momentary power switch go bad before and you can get a replacement. I used a radio shack switch until I replaced the case. If it's integrated into a panel you might contact the case manufacturer and see how much one costs.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932