cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Asus GL551J Overheats Quick

RedThePyro
Level 7
So around the past 2 months ive been noticing that my laptop's temperature has been going up alot more quicker and usually going up to around 60c on the balanced power setting and around 70c-90c on idle on the High Performance power setting. I'm curious if it is dust that is causing the problem or something else.
Plus, I did get one of the usb ports fixed around april of this year and had my laptop returned to me in early may and it was working fine with all my games.
If you can help then thanks 🙂

Also something I would like to add, my laptop gets heated up the quickest by the vent on the side of the laptop while he rest of the laptop stays alot less hot than the vent. Is this normal even while not doing anything?
2 REPLIES 2

james11705
Level 7
RedThePyro wrote:
So around the past 2 months ive been noticing that my laptop's temperature has been going up alot more quicker and usually going up to around 60c on the balanced power setting and around 70c-90c on idle on the High Performance power setting. I'm curious if it is dust that is causing the problem or something else.
Plus, I did get one of the usb ports fixed around april of this year and had my laptop returned to me in early may and it was working fine with all my games.
If you can help then thanks 🙂

Also something I would like to add, my laptop gets heated up the quickest by the vent on the side of the laptop while he rest of the laptop stays alot less hot than the vent. Is this normal even while not doing anything?

My rog heats up only while gaming, keep the laptop elevated ( on top of a pillow or something, so that there's space for the air to move out) this would reduce rise in temperature. Also use a laptop cooling pad with 2fans, reduce the number of start up process (task manager) , end process of apps which are labelled as high. Use Intel as global and nvidia for gaming only, check ur cpu process, and end process that u don't use (3rd party apps)
Finally, like you said, if dust had clogged up the fan, the fan speed will be reduced so check that also.

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

I agree with James. I would like to add that you should download RealTemp in order to monitor your temperatures. Use an air duster can to clean out the vents at least once a month or if you like they have electric ones on Amazon so you don't have to keep buying them.