cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX VIII Ext - Locks at Shutdown, and Touchscreen touch not working on boot?

Snacko
Level 7
BIOS 1601

Oops, never mind the Shutdown problem. I see other posts about that problem... :cool:

My other problem I am not sure if it might be a MB or BIOS problem. But I've had a touchscreen for a few years. On Windows 7 it worked fine. But on Windows 10 and this Max VIII Ext MB that I got soon after Windows 10,.. My touchscreen does not recognize any touch until I unplug it's USB plug and then plug it back in. :mad: It works just fine, until I reboot. Then I have to do that after every time that I boot. It's hard to access the plug, so it's just very annoying. Could this be a MB or BIOS problem?

Thanks
Intel I9-10850k / Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero / G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 / Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler 360MM
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC / Corsair 850watt CMPSU-850TX / 2 x M.2 (1 TB / 2 TB) EVO Plus/ /2x SanDisk 250gb SSDs (Raid0 total 500gb) / WD 2TB 3D Blue SSD
5 REPLIES 5

Snacko
Level 7
I installed a fresh copy.

When I unplug and then plug in my touchscreen's usb for the touch control, the Event Viewer has 2 Information entries.

The first one says:
The description for Event ID 267 from source Win32k cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

And the second Information event says:
The start type of the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.

So, I am wondering if something is corrupt that causes the Windows 10 touchscreen device to cause the event to load it's drivers?

I have no drivers for my touchscreen. It's a Hanspree touchscreen, and they don't even make them. Windows drivers handle the touchscreen. So, it's not like I can install the drivers manually.
Intel I9-10850k / Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero / G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 / Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler 360MM
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC / Corsair 850watt CMPSU-850TX / 2 x M.2 (1 TB / 2 TB) EVO Plus/ /2x SanDisk 250gb SSDs (Raid0 total 500gb) / WD 2TB 3D Blue SSD

Snacko
Level 7
Never mind! I think it's fixed. I thought I had tried this before. And I though it would only fix it while the pc was running. Not permenently and after booting. But it seems like it's fixed. I've booted Restart and Shutdown and it's working both times. Fingers crossed!

Open your Start menu, and type in Device Manager to search for it. Click on it in the results to open it. Click on the arrow next to Human Interface Devices to open up the drop down menu for it. Then find and right click HID-compliant touch screen. Click Disable. It will ask if you want to disable it because it may stop working - click Yes. Then right click again and click Enable, or Re-enable.

Snacko
Level 7
Damit, that stopped working. I've rebooted a few more times and it stopped working.

(Always like to post a solution, in case I have the problem again someday.. 😉 )

EDIT:
Well, the bottom line is this fixes it until the pc loses power. For some reason, losing power to the pc causes the touch to stop working completely. I have a email to Hannspree support, but do not have high hopes.