cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1080 Strix OC Version Idle Temps?

mochicat
Level 7
Hello owners for strix 1080 OC:

What are your idle temps, 0 Fan Speed? I'm getting around 53-54C. Is that too high for idle?
With 0dB Fan off, (38% Fan speed) I get 42C.
21 REPLIES 21

Nate152
Hello mochicat

I don't have the Strix 1080 but I have the Strix 1070 and at idle with 0 RPM fan speed I'm at 32c.

Your temps do seem a bit high what are your temps while playing games?

Do you have good airflow in your case?

Click the Pic

mochicat
Level 7
i dont really have any games at the moment haha! i wonder if its because of negative airflow?
i have 3 exhaust and 2 intake but they are through radiator front. i can't do radiator as exhaust because the vengeance LED are too tall.

mochicat
Level 7
cheers nate
i dont really have any games at the moment haha! i wonder if its because of negative airflow?
i have 3 exhaust and 2 intake but they are through radiator front. i can't do radiator as exhaust because the vengeance LED are too tall.
my cpu is mid 20C idle, mid 30C normal use. I can get the gpu temp down if I increase case fans RPM but ..even though they are ML they do make wind noise. they are sitting at 600-800rpm and make no noise.
I wonder if the graphics card should be RMAed?

mochicat
Level 7
ALSO, I am running 2 PG279Q with always on gsync 165hz. could that be a reason for raised temp?

Nate152
Nice pc mochicat !

Yeah it's possible, how much load is your gpu under at idle?

It would be GPU usage in the pic I posted.

mochicat
Level 7
lol its 1-2...so its not that :s

Keidj
Level 7
mochicat wrote:
Hello owners for strix 1080 OC:

What are your idle temps, 0 Fan Speed? I'm getting around 53-54C. Is that too high for idle?
With 0dB Fan off, (38% Fan speed) I get 42C.

Does your Strix 1080 downclock in idle mode? If I have 3 monitors connected to my Strix 1080 the card doesnt downclock below 1151,5Mhz wich puts it at idle temps around 55C. Check your graphics cards idle clock speed and if it doesnt downclock try setting your monitor to 144Hz or 120Hz and see if that helps, or if you have like me more than one monitor, unplug the others and see if that helps. It could also be because your radiator is in the front, what are your idle temps of the CPU? Maybe your pushing a lot of hot air over your graphics card even at idle? With radiator front mounted in a NZXT H440 idle temps on my Strix 1080 are 45C, with the radiator top mounted idle temps are 37-40C with 0% fan. Same for load temperatures, 5C lower under load with top mounted radiator for exhaust. Trade off is that your CPU most likely will run hotter since your pushing hot air through the raiator. Cant have it both ways 😄

Looking at your screenshot it seems like your card doesnt downclock, is it pinned at 1300Mhz? As I said I have the same problem with 3 monitors connected but noth with 2.