cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 free upgrade

Nate152
Hi everyone !

I'd just like to give a reminder that july 29th is the last day for the windows 10 free upgrade.
10 REPLIES 10

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi Nate, thanks for the reminder and thought we should stick this thread for a while!

Link to Microsoft website for anyone interested:
https://www.microsoft.com/EN-US/windows/windows-10-upgrade

cekim
Level 11
Somewhere Ed Snowden is facepalming.... 😉

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yup

The Patriot OS

But hey, it's free spyware and it has DX12....not all bad

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yup

The Patriot OS

But hey, it's free spyware and it has DX12....not all bad

and it is openly hostile to people who change up their hardware frequently... :mad:

In terms of day-to-day, so far its been their best yet, but turning off/defeating all the spyware and its contempt for upgrading your PC is a huge negative. I am still debating whether to upgrade some of my win7 machines.

Hardly free if they ever refuse to allow you to junk one machine and re-install fresh on another. Just a game OS to me and will remain as such as long as they keep playing games.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah....I bought it....no point for someone like me, who changes hardware like underwear, to try and get by on the free update....and if you take the time...like a lot of time...to nullify the spyware....you can get a decent gaming OS out of it....

Jenice_Valenti
Level 7
I didn't upgrade. I was considering it before but decided against it when it tried to force me into installing.

For those of you unsure about upgrading, I'd recommend setting up a dual-boot solution. This way you can keep enjoying 7 or 8.1 and still upgrade for free while it's offered.

I still have a 80 GB partition with 8.1 on it that I booted on no more than two times since I installed Windows 10 on a second partition of the same SSD. But it remains available for me to compare the performance and all 🙂

With the low price of SSDs nowadays, adding one (100GB is more than enough for Windows 10 and applications, as long as your games remain on another drive) to upgrade for free might be worth it for people that intend to keep their current computer for a long while, while allowing you to retain your current OS, and also spares you the need to re-partition your current disk which isn't easy for everyone.

Food for thought! 😄

Have updated to Win10 long ago. No glitches or bugs so far, quite unusual for Win OS 🙂

toronto699
Level 13
Free Windows 10 is still Available , Windows 10 free upgrade for customers who use assistive technologies. This W10 Free Upgrade is Free to anyone as stated in Nates CNET Link in the in post 11
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
Current time in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ‎(UTC-3)‎

4:07 PM