cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY new BIOS Chip has arrived ...

Nonny
Level 10
Hello Friends,

I just wanted to write here what happend after i build in the new BIOS chip !
I got it from the Recomended side as one member here in the Forum wrote, and they sended me the Ecaxt same Chip as the ASUS BIOS chip,
it has the same number , i orderet 2 Chips , one with 3202 and just in case one with 2101 , so i build in the 3202 chip, the maschine start up directly, and made
3 Reboots this the message "dont toch me i am updating" , after this the mashine worked correct and suprisingly the Asus Suite 3 what i have not updated
worked as well before i could not controll the fans and also not choose the fan position for example , one thing i still have is that the 5-way optimisation still
shows 0 - 0 -0 for tuning profile selection , so fare i had only one random restart directly after inserting the new chip , after this no trouble so fare , gaming and working
looks stable in the moment !

Well why i could not make it work like this with my bios chip before .... strange , ok the Company where i got this chips made a clean bios flash and this is maybe
all it takes to have the Computer running , but also it makes me thing is there maybe something with the Asus flashing tools maybe sometimes it just dosent
work in a good way ... could that be ?

For now i run on 3202 BIOS from 2101 and looks first time stable so fare , stange strange ... , but like i say i had to replace the Chip what i damaged by mistake in the
Copy BIOS 1 to BIOS 2 operation ...

Well this is what i only wanted to write here ...

Nonny
3 REPLIES 3

jrmcdou
Level 10
That's good news. I'm glad you didn't have to go through the RMA nightmare.
Rampage VI Extreme bios 1503
Core i9 7980XE @ 4.4ghz all cores
64 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
2x RTX 2080 Ti FE NvLink/SLI
2x Samsung 970 Pro 1tb NVME
Corsair AX1600i
Corsair 1000D case
1x Dell U3818DW 38" Curved Ultrawide and 2x Dell S2716DG 27" 1ms GSYNC 2560x1440 144 hz
Win 10 Pro x64

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Cool beans! glad that worked out 😄

Yeah, sometimes a BIOS can get fried....have to try to be rigorous clearing CMOS before flashes and making sure of stable power and probably BIOS flashback method best not through OS....but even then sometimes the gremlins get in there... and get wet

Nonny
Level 10
Thanks for your commends , i wanted to write this here also to maybe give some people some kind of hope so they maybe get before haveing the fun to Change the board, get a new BIOS chip
it helped me so fare they was around like 10 U$ so not to hard to pay 😉 and the chip switch is super easy !

I am still not sure i update the DIP 5 1.03 i belive it was , because i have now 3202 but the other bios is still 2101 if i have to switch then the Asus Suite 3 will not work correctly , well when
this BIOS now stays stable then i update maybe a little later 🙂

Good Luck and dont get mad get a BIOS chip 😄

Nonny