cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass Cases - Will it fit?

adamr
Level 7
As the title suggests I am keen to know if anyone with the phanteks evolv enthoo glass (or non glass) is rocking a Asus rampage v extreme. Reading the specs the case is e-atx compatible but stating a limit in width of 264mm... The Asus rampage v extreme is +- 270mm.

I'm anyone on this forum has this build can you please post pics of your rig. Also indicate what "mods" you had to make to get it to fit

My other issue then is if my dominator platinum will clash with my radiator :)...but maybe that's for another forum 🙂

Looking forward to people's replies
Maximus XI Formula - 9900K - Razer Viper Ultimate - Corsair K70 LP - 970PRO NVMe - SSD 850 Evo - 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro - Phanteks Evolv X - Asus ROG Strix OC 3080 Ti - Corsair H115i Platinum - AX1200i PSU
17 REPLIES 17

FireRx
Level 11
look under the specs of the case , XATX is supported then your good to go. 🙂
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

santz76
Level 8
adamr wrote:
As the title suggests I am keen to know if anyone with the phanteks evolv enthoo glass (or non glass) is rocking a Asus rampage v extreme. Reading the specs the case is e-atx compatible but stating a limit in width of 264mm... The Asus rampage v extreme is +- 270mm.

I'm anyone on this forum has this build can you please post pics of your rig. Also indicate what "mods" you had to make to get it to fit

My other issue then is if my dominator platinum will clash with my radiator :)...but maybe that's for another forum 🙂

Looking forward to people's replies

I was able to fit the Maximus viii extreme mobo in the evolv (snug fit) and I believe same size as rampage v, but when I recieved my rampage v 10 edition the plate that covers the led on back of motherboard was causing the motherboard to not line up with standoffs and noticed it was causing the mobo to bend with only a few screws able to match and screw in. decided against it unfortunately!!! So to answer your question the original rampage v should fit though phanteks did not intend for this size mobo to be installed in this case.

FireRx
Level 11
that's odd they dont give you multiple holes to set you stand off's. most Cases have the ability to move you stand offs around to mount whatever mobo the case is spec'd for.
even my old Lian Li Vs2000 case has that. Bare in mind there is tall and short stand off's.
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

Testing12
Level 7
adamr wrote:

I presently do not own an ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 motherboard, nor a Phanteks Evolv ATX (either the original or the tempered glass version). I came about the info I’m sharing here because I am very interested in these 2 items.

(Note: The problem is the width and depth of the motherboard, not the height since ATX and all variants of the E-ATX spec share the same height and only vary in width. See this page for more in-depth info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX)

As santz76 noted above, a motherboard with a width of 272mm will snuggly fit into the Evolv ATX (see here for example: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wNM8TW). ‘Snuggly’ meaning that the right side of the motherboard will hang over about 1/2 of the cable access rubber grommets. Also, the portion of the case where these rubber grommets are located bends at an angle which restricts the motherboard from sitting flat on the grommet holes. The motherboard then does not line up with the right side and possibly middle standoffs and precipitates the bending issue santz76 talked about.

“But… both the RVE10 and the Evolv ATX are great and I really want them as a foundation of my system.” I KNOW!!! Me too! So, what to do… Well, you could do what one guy did and remove the backplate and side LED’s from the RVE10. Here’s a message explaining what he did. Check about 1/2 way down the message for the RVE10 info: http://www.overclock.net/t/1418637/official-case-phanteks-case-club-for-lovers-owners/14170#post_253...

Another guy decided to remove that pesky angled metal portion of the case altogether. He ‘dremeled’ out the section with the cable access rubber grommets. Here’s his PC Part Picker page with the details: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/V8nnTW
Check the Comments section. He talks a bit about the dremel process about half way down the section.

Finally, I would urge you and everyone interested in the RVE10 to contact all of the case manufacturers of interest and let them know that you want them to support motherboards up to 272mm (10.7 inches) in width. I know the Evolv ATX is called “ATX” for a reason. However, they designed it to support a mobo width up to 264mm. A few millimeters more is all that’s needed to support this fine ASUS mother board.
And, by the way, many do not need and/or want a full-tower case just to gain access to the motherboard of their choice (the RVE10 in this case).

I hope this is helpful.

Testing12 wrote:
I presently do not own an ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 motherboard, nor a Phanteks Evolv ATX (either the original or the tempered glass version). I came about the info I’m sharing here because I am very interested in these 2 items.

(Note: The problem is the width and depth of the motherboard, not the height since ATX and all variants of the E-ATX spec share the same height and only vary in width. See this page for more in-depth info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX)

As santz76 noted above, a motherboard with a width of 272mm will snuggly fit into the Evolv ATX (see here for example: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wNM8TW). ‘Snuggly’ meaning that the right side of the motherboard will hang over about 1/2 of the cable access rubber grommets. Also, the portion of the case where these rubber grommets are located bends at an angle which restricts the motherboard from sitting flat on the grommet holes. The motherboard then does not line up with the right side and possibly middle standoffs and precipitates the bending issue santz76 talked about.

“But… both the RVE10 and the Evolv ATX are great and I really want them as a foundation of my system.” I KNOW!!! Me too! So, what to do… Well, you could do what one guy did and remove the backplate and side LED’s from the RVE10. Here’s a message explaining what he did. Check about 1/2 way down the message for the RVE10 info: http://www.overclock.net/t/1418637/official-case-phanteks-case-club-for-lovers-owners/14170#post_253...

Another guy decided to remove that pesky angled metal portion of the case altogether. He ‘dremeled’ out the section with the cable access rubber grommets. Here’s his PC Part Picker page with the details: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/V8nnTW
Check the Comments section. He talks a bit about the dremel process about half way down the section.

Finally, I would urge you and everyone interested in the RVE10 to contact all of the case manufacturers of interest and let them know that you want them to support motherboards up to 272mm (10.7 inches) in width. I know the Evolv ATX is called “ATX” for a reason. However, they designed it to support a mobo width up to 264mm. A few millimeters more is all that’s needed to support this fine ASUS mother board.
And, by the way, many do not need and/or want a full-tower case just to gain access to the motherboard of their choice (the RVE10 in this case).

I hope this is helpful.

Well I currently have my rampage v 10 in my 760T but really wanted to keep it in my evolv, which is just sitting in a corner in my room with a sad face. So my next step is I ordered some different size mobo standoffs in hope to make them taller toward the led mobo back cover and hope they all line up. Keep you guys updated!!! To see if this works

santz76 wrote:
Well I currently have my rampage v 10 in my 760T but really wanted to keep it in my evolv, which is just sitting in a corner in my room with a sad face. So my next step is I ordered some different size mobo standoffs in hope to make them taller toward the led mobo back cover and hope they all line up. Keep you guys updated!!! To see if this works

That would be very helpful for others within the community like myself.I have already got my Phanteks case and had plans to buy the rve10. Saw the post and realised that the mobo may just not fit and now thinking of getting the x99 deluxe 2.

santz76 wrote:

I neglected to mention the standoff issue. One of the guys I wrote about in my earlier post said he tried differently sized standoffs. He talks about wanting to try it here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1418637/official-case-phanteks-case-club-for-lovers-owners/14010#post_253... , I told him I thought about using different standoff heights but wondered how the motherboard I/O shield would fit into and with the case. It seems like it would be set at an angle. He answers me here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1418637/official-case-phanteks-case-club-for-lovers-owners/14020#post_253... . Basically he didn’t check the rear I/O shield alignment as using longer standoffs on one side just seemed like a bad idea. That idea felt like more flex over all on the board and probably more prone to damaging it.

Again, his solution was the remove the backplate, right side LED’s and the rubber grommets on the case. He also put electrical tape along that side of the case in an attempt to electrically isolate it from the board as he felt like one or more of the motherboard soldering jonts or points (on the back of the board) could touch bare metal of the case and cause damage to the board.

JustBlazeFari wrote:
Saw the post and realised that the mobo may just not fit and now thinking of getting the x99 deluxe 2.

Although I do not (yet) have either an RVE10 or an Evolv ATX, I am considering the same as you (getting an X99 Deluxe II). I also may go the route of dremeling an Evolv ATX like the guy did here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/V8nnTW . Yeah, it’s kinda scary as this case is not cheap and since I’m interested in the tempered glass version, there’ll be windows on BOTH sides of the case, making a less than stellar cutting job all the more noticeable. At this point, I’m still mulling it over.

Testing12 wrote:
I also may go the route of dremeling an Evolv ATX like the guy did here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/V8nnTW . Yeah, it’s kinda scary as this case is not cheap and since I’m interested in the tempered glass version, there’ll be windows on BOTH sides of the case, making a less than stellar cutting job all the more noticeable. At this point, I’m still mulling it over.

After doing a bit of mulling, a couple of things came to mind.

One was the fact that dremeling out the entire angled section of the Evolv ATX chassis leaves a rather large hole even with the Rampage V Edition 10 covering a portion of it. Not a big deal if the right side of the case had a traditional solid side panel, but I’m interested in the tempered glass version. That means being able to see all the way through the hole--which would be ~40mm wide and from the PSU shroud to the top of the case long--and out the back side of the case. I suppose one could argue that might not be such a bad thing as long as cables weren’t obscuring the view, but they’d almost have to, wouldn’t they? I mean that’s the area where the 24 pin, SATA cables, etc. will be going through. Also, this is where Phanteks has set up their Velcro straps encouraging its use as sort of a cabling channel. In other words, cable organization would become much harder and even then it might not work visually.

And speaking of visually…

The second thing that occurred to me was the efficacy of the Rampage V Edition 10’s right side LED’s. In this scenario, they would be illuminating very little; a small portion of the sides of the cables (24 pin, SATA cables, etc.), and really, not much else. Seems as though most of the illumination would hit the back (right side of the case) tempered glass. This could possibly be a good thing, but seeing is believing and that would mean having to do the mod (expensive experiment).

Hey ASUS, you guys should talk to case manufacturers and encourage them to support the 272mm Extended ATX form factor in their mid-tower cases since you continue to use it for some of your top tier motherboards.

kaaala
Level 7
R5E fits in this case but not R5E 10.
B/c R5E 10 has a back plate which increases the thickness of the board and the board will be bent even u remove the rubber grommet.