Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

someone use gamecenter to look temps? i think on my system gamecancer show false temps....the real temps are higher

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

what is the solution for this high temperatures? repaste in service center?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by guyfawkes View Post
    what is the solution for this high temperatures? repaste in service center?
    disable turbo boost... i know its kinda stupid to buy an i7 then disabling the turbo but this has been the only thing that has stopped my G752 from getting too hot playing games. It used to go 95C to 100C but now its at 80C. And there is no noticeable difference playing GTAV. I'm still running at 75fps most of the time.

how can I to disable it?

ROG Enthusiast Array

The easiest would've been to turn it off in BIOS however ours don't have that option as our BIOS is locked. Then I tried with Intel XTU and Throttlestop but none of those seem to work or would work intermittently and only when XTU was used for benchmarking but in game it didn't apply the settings as they still get past 3.6Ghz and 31X multiplier.

Luckily I was messing around the control panel - go to power management - advanced power setting - processor power management - in the max processor state it should be default to 100% just turn it down to 99% and it will stop Turbo Boost. CPU sat at 2.4Ghz 25X multi.

So yeah. I'd rather limit it to 2.4Ghz and keep it cool at 80C than 3.6Ghz then reaching 100C. And I know some of you think this temp is crazy and I should re-paste or get it replaced outright but honestly Asus warranty and customer service in my country sucks so I just don't want the hassle. Its also really hot and I cant afford air conditioning. Not sure what the ambient temp is in the room but my car says the outdoor temp is 41C.
    Last edited by gtan777x; 09-01-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtan777x View Post
    The easiest would've been to turn it off in BIOS however ours don't have that option as our BIOS is locked. Then I tried with Intel XTU and Throttlestop but none of those seem to work or would work intermittently and only when XTU was used for benchmarking but in game it didn't apply the settings as they still get past 3.6Ghz and 31X multiplier.

Luckily I was messing around the control panel - go to power management - advanced power setting - processor power management - in the max processor state it should be default to 100% just turn it down to 99% and it will stop Turbo Boost. CPU sat at 2.4Ghz 25X multi.

So yeah. I'd rather limit it to 2.4Ghz and keep it cool at 80C rather than 3.6Ghz then reaching 100C. And I know some of you think this temp is crazy and I should re-paste or get it replaced outright but honestly Asus warranty and customer service in my country sucks so I just don't want the hassle. Its also really hot and I cant afford air conditioning. Not sure what the ambient temp is in the room but my car says the outdoor temp is 41C.
    I just tried this with setting the maximum processor rate to 95% and ran Firestrike and compared it to the normal setup. I lost 300 or so off of the score but only hit a max CPU temp of 80C when before I was hitting 90C or 91C on the CPU. I would definitely say it is a worthwhile trade.

Also, make sure your minimum processor rate isn't 100%. The first time I tried setting the maximum processor rate to 95% but the minimum was still set to 100%, so turbo boost was still active.

Thank you so much for putting this idea here!

With 99%, it never looks like to heat over 85 C, but what if we want turbo boost?

ROG Enthusiast Array

If you want Turbo Boost you will have to turn it back to 100%. But temps will increase. I've been experimenting on decreasing the voltage by 160mv and dropping multipliers on the 6700hq
    but its been a pain with only small marginal temp differences and when it turns turbo boost on those tweaks seem to disappear completely. If I can figure out how to maintain the undervolt and multiplier even with Turbo then it might work.

But for now turning Turbo Boost off completely has been the only safe / easy solution I've seen that has decreased gaming temps from 100c to 80c at max with barely noticeable performance drop.
    As G752VT/VL lack have vapor chamber cooling don't expect to get the same temps like those with the VY, unless you live in a very cold place or have the luxury of air conditioning.

Bonus - if you want to maintain Turbo while gaming try to hit FN+PGUP as this will spool up the fans to max RPM. Expect a 5c to 10c temp drop and lot of noise... haha.

whoever said to make the maximum & minimum processor state 99% instead of 100% is MY HERO!!! 92° in GTAV is now 78° with about 5 fps lost! SO HAPPY NOW!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdoutworld View Post
    whoever said to make the maximum & minimum processor state 99% instead of 100% is MY HERO!!! 92° in GTAV is now 78° with about 5 fps lost! SO HAPPY NOW!!!
    You're welcome dude. But you can leave the Minimum processor state to the default and only lower the Max to 99% in plugged in state.
    Last edited by gtan777x; 09-08-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast