cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT CPU temperature in BF4

guyfawkes
Level 7
When I play BF4, my CPU temp is always over 86 C, and I even seen maximum is about 93-95 C. How can I to fix this?

In FC4 I also have temp over 80 C, but in range 80-90
38 REPLIES 38

JustinThyme
Level 13
Ive never seen the temp in My VY go past 75 when stressing the crap out of it trying to get it to overheat. The only real difference between the two machines is the GPU. The G752s generally run much cooler than the G751s and the only G751 that usually runs hot is the JY. What are your fans doing while all this is going on? Whats the ambient temp in the room?

Try downloading notebook fan controller, setting the proflie to ASUS ZEN cant remembet the exact model but its 32 something or another. There are only a few. This allows it to see both CPU and GPU. Anyhow once you have that up drag the sliders to the left aout of auto to 100% anf repeat your process and see what you get.
You don't have an over volted GPU or CPU do you?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Ive never seen the temp in My VY go past 75 when stressing the crap out of it trying to get it to overheat. The only real difference between the two machines is the GPU. The G752s generally run much cooler than the G751s and the only G751 that usually runs hot is the JY. What are your fans doing while all this is going on? Whats the ambient temp in the room?

Try downloading notebook fan controller, setting the proflie to ASUS ZEN cant remembet the exact model but its 32 something or another. There are only a few. This allows it to see both CPU and GPU. Anyhow once you have that up drag the sliders to the left aout of auto to 100% anf repeat your process and see what you get.
You don't have an over volted GPU or CPU do you?

The g752VY has a "vapor chamber" heatsink in it while all other models have a standard heatpipe cooler in them. This will cause a large temperature descrepency seen here. My g752vl runs at 95c when stressed with prime95 and occt for video. This is the high end of the normal range.

guyfawkes
Level 7
No, I didn't overlock (overvolt) it. Fans is about 3-4K rpm all time. It's about 25 C in my room.

I seen that 80 C is normal under load. But 90...

JustinThyme
Level 13
90 is high, even 80 for a VY is pushing it.
Have you tried the notebook fan control with maxing out the fans?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

guyfawkes
Level 7
No. I'll try it now. Another related question: my power supply is plugged in and top right corner of laptop is hot. Is this abnormal?

guyfawkes
Level 7
With 100% fans, its' 79-83 C

guyfawkes wrote:
With 100% fans, its' 79-83 C

I too have this temp with G752VT with The Witcher 3 with the fans at full, and other games like Assassins Creed Syndicate and Far Cry 4. Without put it at full CPU temps get 90-96º C, and for the GPU max temp I've seen is 81º C.

gtan777x
Level 7
G752VT here. CPU gets to 100º C when playing Witcher 3. If I use the FN + PgUp to put fans to max RPM then it cools down to 90+º C. Normal temps when not gaming is at 45º C. Ambient temp here in PH is about 32º C

Compwxr
Level 9
Try to undervolt it a bit with XTU start with small steps until you find the sweet spot, something like +20mv above the voltage that gave instability.
Consider a repaste in the future 🙂
- Compwxr - Volter Team - Check us at http://voltground.com