cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JY Sound Problem

TurkROG
Level 7
Dears

I have a serious problem , the sound of my G751JY having a big issue since few days , when checking the sound is gave me a sound like )) Ticking Ticking near the charger port

i reinstall the driver but id doesnt work.
but when i connect it to external screen via HDMI , the sound is OK .

sound from laptop is link knocking a small door

please to support for this issue
4 REPLIES 4

alain9595
Level 7
Hi, I've got the same problem on my asus rog g751jy since june 2016 (bought it new in oct 2015).

Description of the problem :
- The played music doesn't play on speaker, and a clic noise is heard near the charger connector (rear right).
- With headphones, the music is heard trough headphones, but the clic noise near the charger connector is present at the same time.
- With realtek driver, the clic noise is heard only when playing sound/music. With generic driver, the clic noise is heard continuously.
- With Unbuntu live booted on usb key, the clic noise is heard continuously.

The solution I found is disabling the speaker in windows, and I use a blutooth speaker or headphone to listen to sound/music.

The audio HD can also be disabled in BIOS (lock setting) if necessary.

I will contact ASUS or my reseller for the problem, but I'm afraid they could break something else when repairing audio speaker

(my Bios version is 207 and realtek audio driver V6.0.1.7576)

Regards

JustinThyme
Level 13
Use the search feature friends, there are only about 10.2 million posts on this very topic.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks, I didn't though it was the same problem. 🙂

For example, if I play a music on internal speaker, I hear no music at all, and only the ticking sound like if it was knoking on a door.
Before this issue, I had no cracking sound problem, sound where always good on internal speaker.

I've upgraded realtek audio driver to Version V6.0.1.7831 but the issue is also present. (link http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017831.zip?_ga=...)

I've tried to disable power managment (regedit HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\PowerMgnt ) but it's worse, knock knock is continuous, even after disabling the device.

I managed to get sound from internal speaker :

-> I removed the 4 screw on the back (side under), then removed the part behind the screen where the speaker are located.
Then by unconnecting the speaker and reconnecting it, the sound started playing through speakers. 🙂

Alas, when the music stops or if I reboot the computer, no more sound and the knock knock are back (a little quitter) when music plays. 😞

So after trying to adjust the levels of "Internal subwoofer" or "Front" or others to try to keep sound without success, ... I disconnected the speaker. :mad:

The sound is now playing only through the subwoofer. 😞 Enough to have notifications. :rolleyes:

If I want good sound I will use headphones (headphones jack seems to work) or blutooth speaker. 🙂

Hope this can help someone.