cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G20AJ Alternate OS

nig451964
Level 7
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with installing alternative OS onto these units please ?

I seem to remember there being some difficulty due to unique way that the hardware polls during boot up.

I would really like to turn this into a hackingtosh / ubuntu machine ? I am really after an answer if it is possible, I can spend the time working it out but really would be a help to know if anyone else has done it ?

Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
just a quick question, why do you need to run them OS for? you tried to run a VR machine, using hyper-v and trying that way to see if that OS is for you or I take it you used it b4? their is a way around that by using a program called Rufus to create the boot up disk, I had to use that way to install my own windows on the system, as I had many blues screen but just putting the dvd in and trying to install lol

Welsh Whoopee wrote:
just a quick question, why do you need to run them OS for? you tried to run a VR machine, using hyper-v and trying that way to see if that OS is for you or I take it you used it b4? their is a way around that by using a program called Rufus to create the boot up disk, I had to use that way to install my own windows on the system, as I had many blues screen but just putting the dvd in and trying to install lol

I remember using an older version of OSX Snow Leopard on an older pc and really quite enjoying the change. I am a tinkerer, so I guess it keeps me occupied for a bit.

I have a separate ssd in addition to the stock 1tb hdd so nothing to loose really. What do you reckon, can it be done ?