cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound ticking-asus g752vy

Dusang752vy
Level 7
Hi

After fresh windows 10 instalation I have noticed that my sound is ticking randomly (sound like when you open folder on win7).
I checked everything,update sound driver (realtek) rollback,unistall it's always the same.
I know it's problem with sound driver beacuse when i mute the sound it's still present,but when i go to device manager and click on disable device it stops but i don't have sound at all.

Can someone tell me what's the problem?
8 REPLIES 8

warryabel
Level 7
the one and only crackling issue on these machines like g751 or g752:cool:

You have to turn off power management for the Realtek drivers.
I don't have the G752VY in front of me right now, but its the same with the Dell Inspiron 15 7559 issue,
so the fix was the same.

Thanks for replay

Can you please explain me how to turn off power management,i searched for it but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
No need to do so, just download the latest audio drivers and install. Problem solved.

Version V6.0.1.7831
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017831.zip?_ga=...

Sound ticking it's still present,even with this driver update...

There are serious problem if the codec wont sleep. The codec will heat up continuously and draws power. Now even with updates, when playing songs it also will heats up pretty bad.
That's maybe why Asus switch or changed the ALC for new models. I noticed that GL502, G752VS, GX700, GX800 prototype all using other variant ALC.

After some researches, ALC668 which used on G752VY causing bad audio quality as well as causing alot more problem on other branded laptop as well including Acer, Dell, HP.

Already brought a G752VY? Then live with it. Haha, have a nice day.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\RAVCpl64\PowerMgnt.

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Ticking? Yes, this is normal. If cracking , then after new driver install will solve the issues.
Even with disabled power management, or change the time delay for codec to sleep to FF/ 15 second. Still same.

Its like a switch, when the audio codec went to sleep, it ticks, when you start playing songs, it ticks.
It just happened.

Nothing we can do.