cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT-DH72 using external G-Sync monitor?

Slick8791
Level 7
Will an external G-Sync ready monitor work with my G752VT-DH72 laptop?

I’m looking at this AOC 24” G2460PG display that only has a DP input: http://us.aoc.com/products/details.php?24-nvidia-g-sync-gaming-monitor&id=20

The laptop only has a HDMI and mini-display port. Will the AOC monitor use G-Sync if hooked up through the mini-display adapter…thoughts, comments, or suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2

Slick8791
Level 7
UPDATE: I bought the monitor and G-Sync seems to work, but now I'm confused on which port I should be using. I know G-Sync doesn't work on HDMI port.

Should I plug the monitor into the miniDisplay port or use a Thunderbolt adapter to DisplayPort? What port is preferred for use with a G-Sync monitor at 144hz?

Slick8791 wrote:
UPDATE: I bought the monitor and G-Sync seems to work, but now I'm confused on which port I should be using. I know G-Sync doesn't work on HDMI port.

Should I plug the monitor into the miniDisplay port or use a Thunderbolt adapter to DisplayPort? What port is preferred for use with a G-Sync monitor at 144hz?

Hi! Did you get it working correctly w. both G-SYNC and 144hz?
Only DP/mini-DP and Dual-Link DVI supports 144hz if its a DP cable of at last v.1.2(b?).
Thinking of buying such a monitor, would love an update.