cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get in to G74SX Bios??!

Jonny
Level 7
So i installed a SSD in my G74SX and after fixing with settings and so on, it worked perfect:)

But now i cant get in to Bios.... again....:mad:
Tried holding down F2 during boot or any key, but when i do that it wont boot until i release the key.....
The ASUS screen dosent show either....

Can i get in to Bios any other way..?
3 REPLIES 3

MeanMachine
Level 13
Jonny wrote:
So i installed a SSD in my G74SX and after fixing with settings and so on, it worked perfect:)

But now i cant get in to Bios.... again....:mad:
Tried holding down F2 during boot or any key, but when i do that it wont boot until i release the key.....
The ASUS screen dosent show either....

Can i get in to Bios any other way..?

Normally you access your Bios by continually pressing the delete key off and on during post cycle however your laptop has the F2 function.
You should be able to access Bios with F2 held down.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
There's 3 ways that I know of to get into the BIOS, the first is to use either F2 or Del key during boot but that sound's like its not working for you. the second is to shutdown Windows using the recovery option (if using Windows 10). this is found in the settings menu under startup and recovery options. I'm not in front of my machine at the moment and so unable to guide more precisely where it is located but there is an option to boot straight to BIOS. The last possible option is to disconnect your CPU fan, this will cause the BIOS to halt during boot and allow access to 'fix' the problem.

Jonny
Level 7
Oops, i came in to Bios now Delkey , why... i dont know:confused:
Thanks anyway guys!:)