cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking and Optimizing CPU 4720HQ

Quadrider10
Level 7
Whats up guys? so ive been playing around here and been trying to get a higher overclock than XTU allows. currently on latest bios, im only allowed 37 36 35 35 for max multipliers for my CPU, however XTU says that there are 2 possible overclock bins available. stock for this cpu is 36 35 34 34. ive modded my bios and i have all the options available to me to change except chipset options. is there a way to get more bins or higher multipliers?

next question is this, because ive unlocked or modded my bios, what settings can i change to make the CPU more efficient and get higher benchmark scores without overclocking. like what settings can i change to do this? also what settings can i change other than hyperthreading underclocking/unervolting to obtain lower temps?

It's all for ****s and giggles, until someone giggles and ****s.
6 REPLIES 6

warryabel
Level 7
u have done modding ur legacy bios for hidden options but asking for more benchmarkscore? u so lol... how many from us have a modded legacy bios?

Quadrider10
Level 7
huh? what do you mean?

Quadrider10
Level 7
Anyone? Any one play with these settings?

warryabel
Level 7
wich sittengs you mean? have no setting seen...

Compwxr
Level 9
The Cpu is locked for max 38x rate. So you can't go further than it. Even with unlocked Bios...
- Compwxr - Volter Team - Check us at http://voltground.com

warryabel
Level 7
before i install new bios/unlocked i inform me btw. when i do this i must know what to do....