cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Beep, No Poat

JOSHSKORN
Level 7
My computer has always done this this g where there's a short screetch, followed by the normal beep. Then the BIOS posts and then it loaded normally. If I hear no beeps then I've unplugged everything, held in the CLR CMOS button for 3 seconds, unplugged the power then released the CLR CMOS button 3 seconds later. That always seemed to get me back on track. Not today. I noticed that my motherboard is giving an A2 code, whatever that means. Can anyone offer me advice on how to get back on track?

EDIT: Obviously the thread title is a typo. I meant POST. Can a mod please fix it? I don't think I can.
4 REPLIES 4

Chino wrote:
Are you running the latest BIOS?

No. I've never updated my BIOS. Its on 0603 I believe. I actually had a question about that as well. First of all, considering the BIOS doesn't post on the screen, would I even be able to update it? Secondly, does the capacity of the USB Flash drive matter when updating via the USB port in the back (I forgot the name of it)? I'd read that when updating via that port, to format your flash drive to FAT 32, which is meant for smaller USBs, and mine is 8 GBs.

JOSHSKORN
Level 7
I managed to somehow fix it just by simply waiting all day and then repeating what I already know. I then realized that when I tried to boot, that the monitor wasn't even plugged into my computer. Would not plugging in the monitor cause a no beep?

Chino
Level 15
The USB pendrive should always be FAT32 formatted and empty. When it comes to capacity, the smaller ones are recommended. Also try to avoid those pendrives that have hidden partitions in particular los Sandisk ones.

Not having a monitor connected normally causes a d6 QCODE to display on the DEBUG LED.