cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

980Ti Poseidon water leak

_amoro
Level 7
I used my 980Ti on air without problems half a year. A few days ago, when I replaced my reservoir, I connected poseidon to the water loop and what I see? It start leak immediately! Checked twice. Hate this.

RMA will take a months! Can ASUS just replace a part of cooler?

7 REPLIES 7

FuryA
Level 8
It is recommended take the card to the local service center for repair and judging who leak the water

Bahz
Level 12
Sorry to hear about the issue.

Is the coolant leaking from the fittings or is it leaking from a different part?

Unfortunately you do need to return the entire card for RMA and it won't be possible to replace just a part of the card.

Bahz wrote:
Sorry to hear about the issue.

Is the coolant leaking from the fittings or is it leaking from a different part?

Unfortunately you do need to return the entire card for RMA and it won't be possible to replace just a part of the card.

Leak between inner pipe and thread for the fitting. It's not the fitting, checked twice as I told.

Unfortunately I bought this card in other country. Weeks for shipping to the store, month for RMA, weeks for shipping back... Damn.

Bahz
Level 12
That really sucks, you can try contacting the local service team from the country where you purchased the card and see what they're able to do for you.

So, local service can't help coz they have't authorization for this. Contacted with seller (computeruniverse.net) and got this answer:

In this case we cannot offer any service.
The reason is that you modified the card and by this it got damaged.
Therefore the manufacturer will not offer any service for us and so we cannot offer anything to you.
We hope for your kind understanding.
Thank you.

How it can be??

If i'm not mistaken, depending on how you installed your custom water coolers for your GPU, it can void the warranty.

No, it can not, coz I just pluged in the G1/4 fittings. As I understand, they thought that it is custom water block/cooler.