cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX Asus ROG Strix OC 1070 missing vram

Freak182
Level 7
Hey guys,

So I just built a whole new pc and I'm having issue with the new GPU. I've fully installed GeForce experience and did all updates ( V368.81 ), but whenever I'm trying to play a game, for example Starcraft, it's giving me a warning message that I don't have enough vram to play the game on extreme settings... Also, when I'm trying to acces NVidia control pannel, it's telling me '' You are not currently using a display attached to a NVidia GPU ''. I've also tried to desactivate windows integrated card Intel 530HD, but then the computer became crazy super slow.

Here's a few info that might be useful for you :

Windows update done : None
CPU : i5-6600k
Geforce driver version : 368.81

I've read a few things that it might be windows auto drivers download fault's on windows 7, but I haven't been able to get the info on windows 10. I've already tried to uninstall everything, didn't fix the issue.

Thank you ahead for the help!
1 REPLY 1

Nate152
Hi Freak182

Welcome to the ROG forum.

I would suggest reinstalling the Nvidia driver and do a custom advanced install. After the license agreement uncheck everything except the graphics driver and PhysX driver then check the only box that says perform a clean installation.

Let us know if this helps.

Silly question - You do have your monitor cable connected to the Strix 1070?