Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Fastest way I guess is check the UEFI, the default boot device would be "Windows Boot Manager" if the installation is in UEFI mode. Otherwise if would show the model of the hard disk.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Member Array

New owner of a Rampage V Edition 10 and not having the greatest time. Figured I'd post in the "issues" thread. I'll get the specs out of the way first so we know what we're working with and possibly get some incompatibility issues out of the way early.

Intel i7-6850k
    Asus Rampage V Edition 10
    Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2400 (quad channel)
    Nvidia GTX 690
    Intel 750 Series 400GB NVMe PCIEX_4 (in the only 4x slot on the board)
    Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD (OS Location - want to move to the 750 ASAP)
    3 SATA HDD
    Silverstone 1500W PS

Onto the ISSUES

1. Many Q-Code errors that lock up the board during POST. To be clear - no splash screen, just hang up.
    a. 94 - PCI BUS ENUMERATION
    b. 95 - PCI Bus Request Resources
    c. 99 - Super IO Initialization
    I thought I this was caused by the Intel 750 as it wasn't being detected. I fixed that by changing the 4x PCIE slot to PCIEX_4 ONLY. That allowed the board to recognize the 750, but I still got the hang ups on POST. I can eventually boot if I reset the board enough times.

2. This Supreme FX Hi-Fi DAC is terrible. BETA DRIVERS?? 10-year anniversary flagship motherboard?? BETA?!?!
    Coming from a Xonar Essence STX, I had high expectations. No more easily switching between headphones and speakers because the two don't talk to each other. Missed opportunity in my opinion. I won't opine for long on this. A separate thread was created just for this and I lamented in that thread regarding it. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...eedback-Thread

3. POST is so slow. Holy cow. Why on earth does it take so long? Best solution I've found: disable all the things. Brilliant.

4. There are only two USB 2.0 headers.
    One is instantly gone because of the DAC. My second one is gone because I'm using Corsair Link. But it gets worse. Why do I have to lose USB ports on the back of my machine to enable PCIEX_4? For that matter, why didn't AUTO work on the 4x port in the BIOS? 40 PCIE lanes, one GPU, and a PCIE 4x NVME drive. Makes no sense why those rear ports should have to be turned off.

That's all for now. It's late and I've got to get to bed. Was really expecting more from a 10-year anniversary celebration motherboard for $600. If this is a party, I'd hate to see what happens when ASUS has a regular day? Actually, I take that back, they need to get out of celebration mode, put the drinks down, and get back to work. My Rampage IV Extreme had it all and then some. It worked flawlessly, along with my Xonar Essence. This is absurd.

Nodens PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by p.meyer@live.com View Post
    1. Many Q-Code errors that lock up the board during POST. To be clear - no splash screen, just hang up.
    I thought I this was caused by the Intel 750 as it wasn't being detected. I fixed that by changing the 4x PCIE slot to PCIEX_4 ONLY. That allowed the board to recognize the 750, but I still got the hang ups on POST. I can eventually boot if I reset the board enough times.

2. This Supreme FX Hi-Fi DAC is terrible. BETA DRIVERS?? 10-year anniversary flagship motherboard?? BETA?!?!
    Coming from a Xonar Essence STX, I had high expectations. No more easily switching between headphones and speakers because the two don't talk to each other. Missed opportunity in my opinion. I won't opine for long on this. A separate thread was created just for this and I lamented in that thread regarding it. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...eedback-Thread

3. POST is so slow. Holy cow. Why on earth does it take so long? Best solution I've found: disable all the things. Brilliant.

One is instantly gone because of the DAC. My second one is gone because I'm using Corsair Link. But it gets worse. Why do I have to lose USB ports on the back of my machine to enable PCIEX_4? For that matter, why didn't AUTO work on the 4x port in the BIOS? 40 PCIE lanes, one GPU, and a PCIE 4x NVME drive. Makes no sense why those rear ports should have to be turned off.

That's all for now. It's late and I've got to get to bed. Was really expecting more from a 10-year anniversary celebration motherboard for $600. If this is a party, I'd hate to see what happens when ASUS has a regular day? Actually, I take that back, they need to get out of celebration mode, put the drinks down, and get back to work. My Rampage IV Extreme had it all and then some. It worked flawlessly, along with my Xonar Essence. This is absurd.
    1. You need to troubleshoot this. Does it happen on stock settings (that means no XMP in UEFI as well)? If yes, does it happen with Only the CPU, 1 RAM DIMM and Video card connected only?

2. This is more of a rant on your side than an issue:
    a) Beta drivers are the norm on all new products. Actually they are the norm for non-new products as well when big changes are made in the driver or fixes need to go out fast before QA has time to do elaborate testing. This is a lose/lose situation. If you release beta, people cry it's beta (while most of them do not even understand what beta means/have no familiarity with software development cycles/tagging). If you take your time for further testing and release gold only, people cry about slow updates and bug fixes. Personally I'd take beta any day than slower fixes/update cycle.

b) You expected the STX and the on-board codec to "talk to each other"??? How did you ever come up with this absurd idea? It has no technical merit
    whatsoever. Or anything for that matter...it is just absurd.

c) You are trying to compare the STX which is a high fidelity dedicated audio interface with a high quality on-board codec..apples and oranges. Although blind studies tell us that 99.999999% of the people out there can not distinguish between a properly implemented on-board codec and a 2K Euro professional studio DAC. Not to mention that I doubt your output (speakers/headphones) is of quality that would even make a comparison of DACs possible.

3. I do not have the board yet but I hear POST is slower than previous generations. Here's a fun fact. The more features you pack onto a board the slower POST will get/be. Why? Because all that has to be initialized/tested during Power-On-Self-Test (POST). Disabling what you don't use on a board has always been the way to go. Also UEFI installation of the OS+modern OS (8+)+modern UEFI aware hardware allows you to disable CSM and save there quite a bit of boot time.

4. There is so much PCIe bandwidth available. The CPU provies 40 lanes. When you pack a gazillion of features (4x PCIe for SLI/Crossfire +gazillion of USB slots etc etc) then some of them have to share the lanes. It is that simple. The answer to your problem is to use a female USB3 to male USB2 motherboard header adapter... google it, you will find plenty.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Member Array markscottuk PC Specs
    markscottuk PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)2013 Mac Book Pro
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel COre i7 6950X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 128GB DDR4-2400 (CMD128GX4M8A2400C14)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA nVidia Geforce 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2EVGA nVidia Geforce 980Ti
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorPhilips BDM4060UC 40" 4K LED
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M2 / Samsung 840 Evo 2TB
    Storage #22x 6TB WD Green HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 800D
    Power SupplyCorsair 850w
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 20
    OS WIndows 10 Professional
    Network RouterVirgin Superhub 2

I have taken a video of the diagnostic LED numbers - https://youtu.be/rHquc8r9B6c any ideas if this is how the boot should be or if there are gains to be had?

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by markscottuk View Post
    I have taken a video of the diagnostic LED numbers - https://youtu.be/rHquc8r9B6c any ideas if this is how the boot should be or if there are gains to be had?
    The longest part of that looks like the BD which is I believe the memory checks. If you want you are able to disable those in the BIOS.

I tend to disable them and turn them back on once a month to make sure i'm missing nothing or do some memory testing to ensure there are no errors.

Aside from that it looks about the same as I have.

You will boot faster to an SSD vs an M.2, not much you can do about that.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 4x8 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p in a bootable VROC RAID 0 / Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Spatha
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

ROG Enthusiast Array Crash55 PC Specs
    Crash55 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorCore i7-6850K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14Q-64GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    MonitorDell P2715Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 1.2 TB
    Storage #2Western Digital Black 2 TB
    CPU CoolerThermalright Le Grand Macho
    CasebeQuiet! Dark Base 900 Pro
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Logitech G11
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    Mouse Pad Steel Series 4HD
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterD-Link DIR-655

New owner of a Rampage V Edition 10 and not having the greatest time. Figured I'd post in the "issues" thread. I'll get the specs out of the way first so we know what we're working with and possibly get some incompatibility issues out of the way early.

Intel i7-6850k
    Asus Rampage V Edition 10
    Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2400 (quad channel)
    Nvidia GTX 690
    Intel 750 Series 400GB NVMe PCIEX_4 (in the only 4x slot on the board)
    Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD (OS Location - want to move to the 750 ASAP)
    3 SATA HDD
    Silverstone 1500W PS

Onto the ISSUES

Confused about your #4 question. What is getitng turned off? I am using both USB2 headers and a U2 device. Am I screwing something up?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

Read Nodens answer above, there are USB 3.0, 3.1, M.2 U.2, they all take pcie lanes to operate, the manual can be downloaded from ASUS support site that will explain the pcie lane usage scenarios, there are options in the bios to prioritize lanes for GPU's that disable U.2 and USB 3.1

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
    1. You need to troubleshoot this. Does it happen on stock settings (that means no XMP in UEFI as well)? If yes, does it happen with Only the CPU, 1 RAM DIMM and Video card connected only?
    I have attempted a few combinations on the list. I read about the QR code descriptions, and it sounded like an issue specifically with PCI components. After posting this, I ran straight back to the troubleshooting mode and switched the PCIEX_4 lane to PCIEX_4 Only for the NVME card. POST seems to be more reliable but requires more testing before declaring victory.

2. This is more of a rant on your side than an issue:
    a) Beta drivers are the norm on all new products. Actually they are the norm for non-new products as well when big changes are made in the driver or fixes need to go out fast before QA has time to do elaborate testing. This is a lose/lose situation. If you release beta, people cry it's beta (while most of them do not even understand what beta means/have no familiarity with software development cycles/tagging). If you take your time for further testing and release gold only, people cry about slow updates and bug fixes. Personally I'd take beta any day than slower fixes/update cycle.
    The fact that this is the new accepted standard sickens me. I know what beta means, I know what a development cycle is, and I've been around long enough to know that everyone has happily lowered the expectations of NEW products. New used to mean working out of the box. Now it just means, good luck. PROGRESS! $600 and you thought it would work?! MWAHAHA, you must be joking. "This is our ten-year celebration - we wanted to really stick it to our loyal customers." Thanks ASUS. People complain when something doesn't work. If you have something that doesn't work, don't announce it until it does - that's not hard. Also, for your edification, I said the DAC does not work. that's not a rant, it's a fact.

b) You expected the STX and the on-board codec to "talk to each other"??? How did you ever come up with this absurd idea? It has no technical meritwhatsoever. Or anything for that matter...it is just absurd.
    Never said that. I said - I came FROM an STX. That means that I used to use an STX. USED TO. NOT CURRENTLY USING ONE. They're not talking to one another at all. One is physically across the room waiting to go into my wife's computer.

c) You are trying to compare the STX which is a high fidelity dedicated audio interface with a high quality on-board codec..apples and oranges. Although blind studies tell us that 99.999999% of the people out there can not distinguish between a properly implemented on-board codec and a 2K Euro professional studio DAC. Not to mention that I doubt your output (speakers/headphones) is of quality that would even make a comparison of DACs possible.
    Comparing? I'm asking that it work. I mentioned NOTHING about fidelity. I didn't give you a list of my sample tracks and whether the mids were understated, and the highs not nearly as bright as before. Oh no. What I actually wrote went something like this: NO ONE CAN FREAKING HEAR ME AND THE AUDIO DOESN'T WORK IN SOME APPLICATIONS. That I have to jack up all audio bars to 100% to hear anything at all. That includes YouTube, audio files, games, windows beeps and boops, Skype, etc. I swear you didn't read a word of what I wrote, did you? I don't give a rat's behind that your expectation level is so low that advertised features aren't working and that's OK. When I purchase a brand new board, advertised as the crème-de-la-crème, I expect functionality from all the pieces. Do you buy a new car and shrug when the turn signals don't work? What if it was missing a windshield? Is that acceptable to you? Don't answer any of those question, they were rhetorical.

3. I do not have the board yet but I hear POST is slower than previous generations. Here's a fun fact. The more features you pack onto a board the slower POST will get/be. Why? Because all that has to be initialized/tested during Power-On-Self-Test (POST). Disabling what you don't use on a board has always been the way to go. Also UEFI installation of the OS+modern OS (8+)+modern UEFI aware hardware allows you to disable CSM and save there quite a bit of boot time.
    I'll disable some stuff and see if that helps. I'll most likely end up using sleep-mode once I sort out all these issues with the components of the board not functioning the way they should.

4. There is so much PCIe bandwidth available. The CPU provies 40 lanes. When you pack a gazillion of features (4x PCIe for SLI/Crossfire +gazillion of USB slots etc etc) then some of them have to share the lanes. It is that simple. The answer to your problem is to use a female USB3 to male USB2 motherboard header adapter... google it, you will find plenty.
    As stated I'm using two slots, one x16 and one x4. That's 20 lanes. We'll treat this last one as feedback rather than a "problem". I've seen other reviewers point out the lack of USB2 headers. Clearly the solution is to add USB via PCI. Which will then use more lanes, thus rendering other parts of my board unusable. Of course, the logical assumption is that adding USB cards will use up more PCI lanes, thereby turning other ports off on the back of my board.
    Last edited by p.meyer@live.com; 08-07-2016 at 03:24 AM.

Nodens PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

I have attempted a few combinations on the list. I read about the QR code descriptions, and it sounded like an issue specifically with PCI components. After posting this, I ran straight back to the troubleshooting mode and switched the PCIEX_4 lane to PCIEX_4 Only for the NVME card. POST seems to be more reliable but requires more testing before declaring victory.

Just because the QR code description says "PCI something" it does not mean that it is a problem with a PCI card. Things are far more complicated than that.

The fact that this is the new accepted standard sickens me. I know what beta means, I know what a development cycle is, and I've been around long enough to know that everyone has happily lowered the expectations of NEW products. New used to mean working out of the box. Now it just means, good luck. PROGRESS! $600 and you thought it would work?! MWAHAHA, you must be joking. "This is our ten-year celebration - we wanted to really stick it to our loyal customers." Thanks ASUS. People complain when something doesn't work. If you have something that doesn't work, don't announce it until it does - that's not hard. Also, for your edification, I said the DAC does not work. that's not a rant, it's a fact.
    First of all calm down. Ranting will take you nowhere and if you have a point , at all, it gets lost in raving. You are still ranting. There is not any new accepted standard. This is how everything has been in this industry for at least 25 years that I follow it. In fact things have become so much better from the age you had boards with SiS and VIA chipsets freaking out allover the place and no one did anything about it. Also you are the first person I see complaining about this. Did you stop for a moment to think that your board may be faulty and needs to be RMA'd? More on this below.

Never said that. I said - I came FROM an STX. That means that I used to use an STX. USED TO. NOT CURRENTLY USING ONE. They're not talking to one another at all. One is physically across the room waiting to go into my wife's computer.
    You said this:
    Coming from a Xonar Essence STX, I had high expectations. No more easily switching between headphones and speakers because the two don't talk to each other.
    If you did not mean the STX "talking" to the onboard codec then I have no idea what you meant. In fact even if you did mean that I also have no idea what you mean by "talking". Hence I pointed that out.

Comparing? I'm asking that it work. I mentioned NOTHING about fidelity. I didn't give you a list of my sample tracks and whether the mids were understated, and the highs not nearly as bright as before. Oh no. What I actually wrote went something like this: NO ONE CAN FREAKING HEAR ME AND THE AUDIO DOESN'T WORK IN SOME APPLICATIONS. That I have to jack up all audio bars to 100% to hear anything at all. That includes YouTube, audio files, games, windows beeps and boops, Skype, etc. I swear you didn't read a word of what I wrote, did you? I don't give a rat's behind that your expectation level is so low that advertised features aren't working and that's OK. When I purchase a brand new board, advertised as the crème-de-la-crème, I expect functionality from all the pieces. Do you buy a new car and shrug when the turn signals don't work? What if it was missing a windshield? Is that acceptable to you? Don't answer any of those question, they were rhetorical.
    Actually you mentioned nothing of the sort. Read your post again. Because I read it. But you obviously think you wrote something other than what you did. It was a rant about beta drivers plus something about "not talking to each other". Nowhere did you mention that audio is not working for you. Had you mentioned that I would advise with proper troubleshooting steps, which would be:
    1) Making sure your OS installation is ok. As in not corrupted. (sfc /scannow is good starting point)
    2) Reinstalling the driver after complete uninstallation.
    3) Checking for broken codecs on your OS installation. The easiest way to do that is install the K-Lite codec pack and accept its offer to scan for broken codecs.
    Notice that it's installer asks if you want to install some additional software which are bloat. Pay attention and decline when it asks. (https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm)

Assuming 1-2-3 are ok and your speakers/headphones/mic/cables are also ok, you need to RMA the board. You just have a faulty board. It happens. This is not how the board is supposed to be which seems to be what you actually believe for some weird reason.

As stated I'm using two slots, one x16 and one x4. That's 20 lanes. We'll treat this last one as feedback rather than a "problem". I've seen other reviewers point out the lack of USB2 headers. Clearly the solution is to add USB via PCI. Which will then use more lanes, thus rendering other parts of my board unusable. Of course, the logical assumption is that adding USB cards will use up more PCI lanes, thereby turning other ports off on the back of my board.
    No no no and no. The solution is not to add USB via PCI. I already told you the solution. USB3 to USB2 header adapter. It's that simple. And very very cheap. And no if you added a PCIe card it would not make other parts of the board unusable. Read your manual. Still you have absolutely no reason to do that. This is what you need and nothing else:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__35.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	58708

It is called a USB3 female to USB2 male header adapter. Get one, and connect whatever you want on it.. It's that simple.

RealBench Developer.

ROG Member Array

the memory capacity decide time of "BD", you can shave off some time by setting “memtest” to disable/to skip B9

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast