Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Have the same issue, tried two different cards. Tech support thinks it may be a conflict with certain MSI motherboards. They've didn't have a resolution and escalated my case. I implore anyone also having this issue to also call tech support (812-282-2787) so they can pin down issue and raise awareness to increase priority for their engineers to address.

New ROGer Array

I can also confirm after a few days waiting for shipping that plugging in a 4pin fan into the graphic card for FanConnect is a valid workaround. Fan speeds now recognized, adjustable, and no longer get stuck on max rpm.

New ROGer Array

I had the same problem ..... Didn't turn out to be either Software or Hardware .... !

Hi All,
    I had exactly the same problem & after a week of scratching my head & trying different utilities (none of wich were getting a GPU fan speed reading) I had a brainstorm...
    I opened my case & checked all 3 fans ... O.K Here's where the problem lies...
    The case has the HDD nested above the gfx card & when the case was sat on it's side for installation (E.t.c) then all seemed fine . BUT... When the case was sat back upright with the side panel on the Sata cable from the drive was ever so gently touching the 1st fan stopping this from spinning. This is the fan that gets the GPU reading & sends the info to the cards drivers & tells the card whether to spin up to cool the card. I would turn on the pc & all was fine for hours until i played a game & then the temps would raise , the 2 remaining free fans would kick into life & cool the card. Upon stopping the game the fans would continue spinning as the reading was not registering from the 1st fan (Blocked one) & it would stay in "Hypercool" Mode indefinately.
    Now it's pefectly fine ... I'm just wondering how many cards have been RMA'd due to this ?
    This was my problem& it sorted it for me , If it helps another then that's great !

Have a good Weekend ...
    Chris

New ROGer Array

My solution

Hello !
    Just wanna say, that i've unistall MSI Afterburner, update motherboard drivers, opened Safe Mode, used DDU, download new GeForce Expirience and now everything works.

New ROGer Array L33bo PC Specs
    L33bo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z270E
    ProcessorINTEL i7 7700K @ 4.2Ghz
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz (XMP Enabled)
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX GTX 1080Ti
    Graphics Card #2N/A
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardONBOARD AUDIO
    MonitorROG SWIFT PG278Q
    Storage #1CRUCIAL CT240M500 SSD 240GB
    Storage #2N/A
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H115i AIO COOLER
    CaseCORSAIR 750D
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM650
    Keyboard LOGITECH G413 CARBON MECHANICAL KEYBOARD
    Mouse LOGITECH G502
    Headset N/A
    Mouse Pad RAZOR GOLIATHUS 2013 MEDIUM CONTROL SOFT GAMING MOUSE MAT
    Headset/Speakers N/A
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO x64
    Network RouterVIRGIN HUB 3.0
    Accessory #1 N/A
    Accessory #2 N/A
    Accessory #3 N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AutonomousMan View Post
    Hi All,
    I had exactly the same problem & after a week of scratching my head & trying different utilities (none of wich were getting a GPU fan speed reading) I had a brainstorm...
    I opened my case & checked all 3 fans ... O.K Here's where the problem lies...
    The case has the HDD nested above the gfx card & when the case was sat on it's side for installation (E.t.c) then all seemed fine . BUT... When the case was sat back upright with the side panel on the Sata cable from the drive was ever so gently touching the 1st fan stopping this from spinning. This is the fan that gets the GPU reading & sends the info to the cards drivers & tells the card whether to spin up to cool the card. I would turn on the pc & all was fine for hours until i played a game & then the temps would raise , the 2 remaining free fans would kick into life & cool the card. Upon stopping the game the fans would continue spinning as the reading was not registering from the 1st fan (Blocked one) & it would stay in "Hypercool" Mode indefinately.
    Now it's pefectly fine ... I'm just wondering how many cards have been RMA'd due to this ?
    This was my problem& it sorted it for me , If it helps another then that's great !

Have a good Weekend ...
    Chris
    I made an account specifically to reply to this thread.

Let me tell you guys, do not underestimate the potential of good cable management. When I first got my Strix GTX 1080Ti, I thought that the mishmash of cables everywhere would be fine and to be fair it looked ok-ish during install. I then encountered the jet engine fan problem purely because one of my cables was ever so slightly touching the fan furthest away from the back of the case when standing it upright. This meant that there was no RPM report to the motherboard, and so the other two fans kicked into 100% and stayed there indefinitely even after exiting a game. The solution was to just move the cable a quarter inch and et voila!

I have since built a new gaming PC in a 750D case, and I bought this case with excellent cable management in mind. I moved as many cables as I could behind the motherboard mount, and now the only cables in front are the GPU power supply cables which are carefully routed to avoid touching any components and maximise airflow.

Please double check your installation, and ensure that you have tidied up all lose cables as this will provide the benefit of a cleaner looking install, better airflow and reduce the chance of shorting/blocking GPU fans.
    Last edited by L33bo; 03-07-2018 at 03:53 PM.

New ROGer Array

Cable management

Wow, I thought this thread was dead and buried but apparently still relevant. :-)

Thanks for the comment, however in my case I am sure there were no cables touching any fans as there were no cables in that area. I could also read the RPM of the fan in the tool so it should have been registered, however I do not remember if I checked whether they were indeed all spinning. I guess something else could have caused it to be blocked - perhaps just the weight of the card flexing the fan shroud?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2