cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy fan not from CPU (G752VY-DH72)

Dars1988
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I have G752VY-DH72 laptop and I have a fan problem. At a moment for no reason, it started to run at 100% speed (I guess according to noise) and it never stops. I formatted my laptop recently and it stopped making noise until it started again after 3-4 weeks.

I also noticed it's not the CPU fan since I used NoteBook FanControl to slow it down. The noise is still the same even if the CPU fan is at 0%.

So I guess it's the graphic card fan that's making that noise or another component but I don't know how to diagnose the problem.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

rog_au
Level 7
Dars1988 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have G752VY-DH72 laptop and I have a fan problem. At a moment for no reason, it started to run at 100% speed (I guess according to noise) and it never stops. I formatted my laptop recently and it stopped making noise until it started again after 3-4 weeks.

I also noticed it's not the CPU fan since I used NoteBook FanControl to slow it down. The noise is still the same even if the CPU fan is at 0%.

So I guess it's the graphic card fan that's making that noise or another component but I don't know how to diagnose the problem.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you.

Hi! The G752VY has two fans, one for CPU and one for GPU. Please have a look at installing the latest version of the ROG Gaming Centre for your device which should fix the issue. Please refer to the support page to download the ROG Game Centre here for your specific device. If you continue to have trouble it might be a good idea to contact your local support but hopefully the ROG Gaming Centre will fix it for you. All the best - ASUS ROG ANZ