New BIOS 1902

reupens
Level 7
It's up for the VIII HERO.

Change log...

[TH="class: width20 bg-gray"][/TH]

MAXIMUS VIII HERO BIOS 1902
Improve system stability

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_HERO/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ASUS-1902.zip
105 REPLIES 105

reupens
Level 7
Updated fine here. iROG2 version went from RGE2-Z170-0125 to RGE2-Z170-0126. No change in ME FW version and microcode patch version.

Vinny1001
Level 9
Curious when or if it will be coming out for the Asus Hero Alpha. I wonder what the BIOS update ACTUALLY does. Please post any findings. Thanks everyone.
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.

just updated, this fixed the colour of the lights resetting after power off for me, the colour settings now hold. not noticed anything else yet.

Updated my Gene last night Q-Fan "Optimise All" save works now for me.

And so far I have been able to get away with enabling XMP. But I haven't booted more than a couple of times yet. So we'll see if it hold or I have just been lucky.

Oddly enough, 1902 is the first BIOS that broke XMP for me on my system.

Everything else was fine, but once I enabled XMP, my system looped on/off four times until I received and 'Overclocking Failed!' prompt at subsequent post.

Reverted back to 1701, and XMP began working again without issue.

Just my experience. YMMV
In dreams, I walk with you.

Kiernon wrote:
Oddly enough, 1902 is the first BIOS that broke XMP for me on my system.

Everything else was fine, but once I enabled XMP, my system looped on/off four times until I received and 'Overclocking Failed!' prompt at subsequent post.

Reverted back to 1701, and XMP began working again without issue.

Just my experience. YMMV

XMP works fine here with Bios 1902. Maybe you should use default settings before updating to new Bios.

Since i updated, a new Unknown device showed up in my Device manager (Win10 X64), to show it, you should select the "Show hidden devices" under the View tab.

http://imgur.com/a/4mh0L

I have a Maximus VIII Extreme, i need someone to check if it appeared too in other models...

MaXeLL wrote:
Since i updated, a new Unknown device showed up in my Device manager (Win10 X64), to show it, you should select the "Show hidden devices" under the View tab.

That's a logitech device according to the device ID.

It looks like this BIOS has started appearing on more M8 boards but still nothing for the Hero Alpha or Impact.

ondersma80 wrote:
That's a logitech device according to the device ID.

It looks like this BIOS has started appearing on more M8 boards but still nothing for the Hero Alpha or Impact.

Yep, it seems from the id vendor, but it's not!! I just tried to unplug my two Logitech devices, but the unknown device didn't disappear!