cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-E issues

Retired
Not applicable
I recently purchased this board and everything was running fine until I updated the bios. Now my GPU in the top PCI-E X16 slot runs at 8x instead of 16X. The bottom GPU is running at 16x however.

I needed to update the bios to support my new CPU (Phenom II X4 970).

Is Asus going to do anything to address this issue?
2 REPLIES 2

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Well if the issue is found to be happening for many people I'm pretty sure they will fix it, Brian could answer you with that. But it it's only a issue that affect you then it would be harder. Maybe you could try to flash again and reset the bios? only to see.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
This happened to mine as well. I went back to an older bios and it didnt fix it, instead it ramped my CPU upto 1.79 volts from the rated 1.375 . Since then ,the #1 slot has completely stopped working. When I coldboot the PC ,the card in that slot runs the fan at 100% and it wont post. I cant even get the LCD to Det Dram. RMA in processs atm !
Amazing product other than this =)....Wouldnt want another board till They come out with 4 CPU's on 1 board !