cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX Titan X?

mhe
Level 7
Hi folks,

since nVidia announced the new Pascal-based Titan X to be released starting August 2nd, I was wondering if Asus will be doing a STRIX version of that card. If so, I'd happily take two but I can't stand the loud nVidia standard coolers.

Of course it's a bit early since the card is not even out yet and I am perfectly aware that you may do some official press release regarding the matter soon but I just want to know if it is worth the wait for a STRIX card.

Thanks,
Martin
10 REPLIES 10

Heini
Level 11
nVidia isn't allowing any board partners to have the Pascal Titan X so if anyone wants one they'll have to get it directly from nVidia.

Kenrou
Level 8
What do you want 2 Titan for ? Weather patterns super-computing calculus ?
CPU: i7-6700k @4.7ghz
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
GPU: Strix 980ti OC

RAM: 2x 8GB Ripjaws V 3200mhz C14
Motherboard: Maximus VIII Hero

SSD: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
HDD: 1x WD Black 4TB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold
CASE: Fractal Define R5 Black

Heini wrote:
nVidia isn't allowing any board partners to have the Pascal Titan X so if anyone wants one they'll have to get it directly from nVidia.

Not necessarily true, there were Maxwell Titan X cards by EVGA, Zotac and Gigabyte sporting non-standard cooling solutions.
Do you have a source on your claim that they do it like this with Pascal? I have only found remarks in some press releases that nVidia used to do this with the old Titan (and that claim is refuted by the existence of the aforementioned Titan X cards).
Bit confusing.

Kenrou wrote:
What do you want 2 Titan for ? Weather patterns super-computing calculus ?

Some wild VR stuff amongst other rather insane things concerning primarily flight simulation. But also because I can 😆

mhe wrote:
Not necessarily true, there were Maxwell Titan X cards by EVGA, Zotac and Gigabyte sporting non-standard cooling solutions.
Do you have a source on your claim that they do it like this with Pascal? I have only found remarks in some press releases that nVidia used to do this with the old Titan (and that claim is refuted by the existence of the aforementioned Titan X cards).
Bit confusing.

Some wild VR stuff amongst other rather insane things concerning primarily flight simulation. But also because I can 😆

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-titan-x-pascal-available-august-2nd

"NVIDIA TITAN X will be available August 2nd, exclusively from the NVIDIA TITAN X product page."

doesn't get more official than this.

Bahz
Level 12
Yes hiong is correct, TITAN X will be only be available in reference model

Bahz wrote:
Yes hiong is correct, TITAN X will be only be available in reference model

Just gonna leave this here:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gigabyte-geforce-titan-x-12288mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1...

Doesn't stop Asus at least retailing them.
Edit: I appreciate this was a question about Strix, but it's confusing to say there will only be reference ones without mentioning that they can still be branded.

OFark wrote:
Just gonna leave this here:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gigabyte-geforce-titan-x-12288mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1...

Doesn't stop Asus at least retailing them.
Edit: I appreciate this was a question about Strix, but it's confusing to say there will only be reference ones without mentioning that they can still be branded.

this is the Maxwell Titan X, not the new Pascal Titan X......

Vlada011
Level 10
This will be worse TITAN of all.
I mean on Pascal TITAN.
I would not pay him 900$...
Last year performance increase from high to premium GTX980 to TITAN X was 8GB more video memory and 50% performance.
This year will be around 25% and 4GB more video memory. But because TITAN is reference only and only from NVIDIA overclocked models will not be available
and performance difference compare to custom GTX1080 wioll be 15%, for 500$ higher price 15% more performance and 4GB more video memory.
But because looking from that side TITAN look terrible, crippled, not even full capacity chip, nothing promised as 16GB HBM2,
they will try to present him as 50% stronger than TITAN X Maxwell and to sell him on that way.
TITAN X compare to TITAN Black had almost double more performance and 6GB more video memory. This have same memory size and 50% more performance.
This card should be presented as full chip for 990$ with 3840 CUDA and NVIDIA to ask customers to forgive because they wait HBM2, not crippled card for 1200$.
But what to expect from NVIDIA... she is officially yesterday declared as thieves, thieves with biggest number of free advocates-customers.
Now no more doubt, situation is clear from side of law... From law side they gone to far.

Thanks guys, you just saved me a lot of time (and money). Twin Strix 1080 OCs it is then!