cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win10 Upgrade Question to all users of Asus G751

SniperX
Level 7
Is it advisable to do the upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10? Will there be any driver conflicts and will the asus settings and stuff that came with the factory installed windows 8.1 be gone after the upgrade? Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

HoTo
Level 7
Can't say I've encountered any problems with my 8.1-10 upgrade on my G750, and on my G751JY that came with win 10... Other than having to turn off a lot of bad Win 10 settings.

Icemixxy
Level 7
G751JT user here. Everything works fine, only issue I had was with the touchpad. IF my memory serves me right, I had to use an older version of the smart gesture, because the new one didn't have mouse detection or it didn't work properly, and the touchpad scrolling works upside down, as in move fingers up and screen goes down, move fingers down and it scrolls up.

How about the performance ? Is it better than windows 8.1? And will alll the Asus add ons which came with the laptop be erased?

toronto699
Level 13
Copy your esupport folder {1.5GB} it has all the software that came with your laptop u can use the esupport folder to install the original software after the W10 upgrade , they will work with W10 , W10 is better for gamming W10 is faster I my opinion

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

toronto699 wrote:
Copy your esupport folder {1.5GB} it has all the software that came with your laptop u can use the esupport folder to install the original software after the W10 upgrade , they will work with W10 , W10 is better for gamming W10 is faster I my opinion

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Ok so the desktop rog background pic and all the asus software is in the esupport folder which needs to be reinstalled after upgrading to windows 10? Are u reccomending installing windows 10 using a usb /dvd drive method over just installing direct after download?

Best way seems to be USB, and then start your upgrade from within windows. Worked for me on several computer upgrades with out issues
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro