cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 02 and total freeze after waking up from hibernation

Nightflight
Level 7
Hye everyone,

I am having for weeks a problem and cannot find a solution. Everytime I try to wake up my pc from hibernation, I get the code 02 and my pc freezes so that I have
to reset.

The strange thing is that it only happens when I use hibernation. And if I get the pc to hibernate for some minutes or 1 hour, it restarts fine without any problems. The
code 02 seems to appear only when I get to hibernate in the evening and try to restart my pc the next morning.

I also made a couple of stress tests without any problems at all.

My board is an Asus Rampage 5 Extreme. I tried every bios version from 2001 on. Bios is on stock settings except the CPU Spread Spectrum is disabled. No overclocking.

I hope that some of you have an idea how to solve this.

Thank you in advance for your appreciated help.

Nightflight
10 REPLIES 10

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi Nightflight 🙂

Sorry to hear you have problems.

Can you post up full system specs...in particular what exact RAM you have in there (the first suspect in this kind of problem).

And anything you have tried..like second BIOS...changing any parts etc.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Hi Nightflight 🙂

Sorry to hear you have problems.

Can you post up full system specs...in particular what exact RAM you have in there (the first suspect in this kind of problem).

And anything you have tried..like second BIOS...changing any parts etc.

Hye Arne,

thx for your answer. The ironic part is, that it is the only problem and I cannot figure out how to solve it. I already tried everything you suggested.

My specs are

Corsair Obsidian 900D
Intel Core i7-5960X
ASUS Rampage V Extreme/U3.1, X99, So. 2011-3
EVGA Titan X
64GB Kit (4x 8GB) G.Skill RipJaws 4, DDR4-2800, CL16,
LG BH16NS40 BluRay
1200W Corsair AX1200i Professional Series Platinum
CPU FAN: Noctua NH-D15
Cardreader / Frontpanel 5,25", Akasa
NZXT interal USB Hub IU01
Corsair Air Series LED Blue AF120 Quiet Edition, 120mm
Corsair Air Series LED Blue AF140 Quiet Edition, 140mm
NZXT SENTRY 2 - 5 Channel fan control
Keyboard and mouse by Microsoft.
No other peripherals.

I am not a professional expert but do you know to what code 02 is related to? What hardware part could cause this?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Just what the manual says....something before microcode loading

That a single kit of 8x8 or 2 4x8 kits? You have them running xmp?

If you load F5 defaults in BIOS does the same thing happen?

It's a 4x8 kit. No XMP. Loading defaults is BIOS I already did. I am confused about the situation that it only happened when my pc is in hibernation over night.
I think more than 4 or more hours. When the hibernation time is only about one hour the code 02 does not appear and the pc works flawlessly. Do you have any
suggestion what the reason of this strange behaviour could be? I mean the difference of hibernation time.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
My guess would be RAM instability first...but possibly power...you have 8pin and 4pin atx fully populated...have another PSU to test?

Anything eup or erp enabled....eco bios settings etc?

So that's 32GB not 64GB? single 32GB kit? You listed 64GB above and my mind always goers to mixed kits 😮

Have you tried removing all the usb and drives you can i.e. booting a barebones system..

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
My guess would be RAM instability first...but possibly power...you have 8pin and 4pin atx fully populated...have another PSU to test?

Anything eup or erp enabled....eco bios settings etc?

So that's 32GB not 64GB? single 32GB kit? You listed 64GB above and my mind always goers to mixed kits 😮

Have you tried removing all the usb and drives you can i.e. booting a barebones system..

My mistake, it is 32 GB RAM. No mixed kits. Yes, I unplugged every usb and drive possible. No difference.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Maybe try setting XMP for memory...sometimes defaults don't give enough voltage and setting XMP does supply what the kit needs to be stable...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Maybe try setting XMP for memory...sometimes defaults don't give enough voltage and setting XMP does supply what the kit needs to be stable...

Thx. I have never used that setting. Which one of XMP setting should I pick? Or should I go Trial and Error?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
What are your choices?...it's rated 2800 right so maybe try that....