cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g75vw no display

michaelthomas36
Level 7
Hi name Michael I have a Asus g75vw 660m gaming laptop and I recently did factory reset and in mid process of the factory reset the laptop shut down and restarted and was stuck in restart loop it would show the Asus Rog logo and restart and display stop working but the laptop still turns on but the display no longer shows I tried connecting to external monitor and nothing can someone assist me on advice on what should do I took it to my computer repair shop and they couldn't tell me what's wrong it. All advice is welcomed

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
6 REPLIES 6

ll_r1d0_ll
Level 7
could be bios corrupted

michaelthomas36
Level 7
Is there a way to fix that ?

Clintlgm
Level 14
So you doing a factory Windows reset? Was this a F9 reset or DVD Disk reset? either way it sounds like a corrupted Reset Media/File. I would try a clean Install and see if that doesn't fix you up. This link should be helpful http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-... or this one more directly for your G75VW http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes, Your notebook came with Windows 7 SP1 in UEFI mode.
Which brings to mind if you using the DVD Set you have to boot the first disk UEFI or it will install BIOS MBR. on boot up spam the Esc key that will bring up a Boot menu select the UEFI DVD
You should be able to download a ISO from Microsoft Here
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

michaelthomas36
Level 7
How do I do that if the display is.always black and doesn't show

well I assumed your display was working before you started the windows reset? if that's the case booting install media should bring it back if not. by coincident your monitor failed? possible but not likely unless you were having issues before and that was the reason you wanted to reset Windows back to factory condition?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

michaelthomas36
Level 7
It was working before and it just stoped so I should try using a installation CD I'll try it and let you know