X-ROG
Level 15
30 REPLIES 30

wrinvert
Level 7
umm i hate to burst the bubble but you didnt set a extreme world record
http://www.evga.com/articles/00661/

I just posted about this...

Reposting my Thread content from another thread.
Hey all my fellow nerds/techies.

Happened to pass by Republic of Gamers trying to check up on someones bluff and.. stumbled upon this.
http://rog.asus.com/60652011/overclocking/rampage-iv-extreme-3dmark11-world-record-roundup/

LOL Broke the record didja?
I think RoG failed to check out EVGA's site because
"EVGA" hardware scored higher.
RoG's claim" X12264
EVGA kingpin's(post): x12554

BTW their post date is Dec 29th, kingpins post in kingpin cooling is Nov 28th.
Sources
http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18526#post18526
http://www.evga.com/articles/00661/

X-ROG
Level 15
Fair enough, well done EVGA 🙂 These things go back and forth. I'm sure another record will be broken very soon.

Removed your other post Fran because it's relevant to here.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Fair enough, well done EVGA 🙂 These things go back and forth. I'm sure another record will be broken very soon.

Removed your other post Fran because it's relevant to here.

2 problems
1. My thread was posted 1st.
2. The problem is with your claim and date.
you guys didnt evne BREAK ANY world record by the date of post.
KINGPING Cooling had ALREADY beat your record WAY before it was even tried for.
the EVGA Score of 12554 was posted November 28th, your score of 12264 was posted on Dece 29th.
meaning the claim it was EVER world record is FALSE.
the date of record makes the claim a MISTAKE. That "world record" never was a record to begin with.
2nd best to the world record.

It was an honest mistake Fran... No harm no foul....

FranBunnyFFXII wrote:
2 problems
1. My thread was posted 1st.
2. The problem is with your claim and date.
you guys didnt evne BREAK ANY world record by the date of post.
KINGPING Cooling had ALREADY beat your record WAY before it was even tried for.
the EVGA Score of 12554 was posted November 28th, your score of 12264 was posted on Dece 29th.
meaning the claim it was EVER world record is FALSE.
the date of record makes the claim a MISTAKE. That "world record" never was a record to begin with.
2nd best to the world record.

Problem >>> http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame/3dmark-11-top-20-extreme-preset/ <<< He does not have to go to EVGA's site to check, only the 3dmark.com site! What do expect someone to go around to every site looking at their claimed 3dmark scores?

How would anyone know EVGA is telling the truth?

Also, the difference is so little, it is pointless. ASUS ROG MBs still stomp EVGA Classified MBs. Sales and popularity prove it!

EVGA = Fail!

productstoavoid wrote:
Problem >>> http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame/3dmark-11-top-20-extreme-preset/ <<< He does not have to go to EVGA's site to check, only the 3dmark.com site! What do expect someone to go around to every site looking at their claimed 3dmark scores?

How would anyone know EVGA is telling the truth?

Also, the difference is so little, it is pointless. ASUS ROG MBs still stomp EVGA Classified MBs. Sales and popularity prove it!

EVGA = Fail!

First off do you realize by your reasoning you just nulified both the EVGA AND RoG world record claims, and put EVGA hardware ontop. Yep you just nulified the RoG world record and called them liars as well and proved that according to that site the k|ngp|n EVGA SR-2 Dual Xeon Build is STILL the world record 3DMark11 holder.
------------------
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 video card 3DMark 11 benchmark test score
Name

EVGA CLASSFIED SR-2 | EVGA GTX580 QUAD SLI
Description

K|NGP|N with assist by Derek Chen | EVGA CLASSFIED SR-2 + 5690s DUAL F1 GEMINI LN2 Cooled | EVGA GTX580 QUAD SLI TEK-9 SLIM LN2 Cooled | CORSAIR DOMINATOR | EVGA CLASSIFIED 1200W PSU's | KINGPINcooling.com
--------------------

Since you mentioned it now, Seems that RoG is lieing now too...because if EVGA cant prove theirs, then RoG MOST DEFINATELY cant prove theirs by the same standards.
Funny, isnt it.

Oh and FYI 290 points on 3DMark11 is quite a significant difference in Xtreame benchmarking. It's not just a few numbers it's over a 1/4 thousand point diffeance.
Are you going to tell me that theres little difference between a system that scores 5900 and a system that scores 6200?

Plus your opinion on hardware holds no water. This thread is about facts and data, not your little onesided opinion. And before spouting BS in your defence you might want to check exactly what you are posting because you just totally invalidated yourself with your own post.

FranBunnyFFXII wrote:
First off do you realize by your reasoning you just nulified both the EVGA AND RoG world record claims, and put EVGA hardware ontop. Yep you just nulified the RoG world record and called them liars as well and proved that according to that site the k|ngp|n EVGA SR-2 Dual Xeon Build is STILL the world record 3DMark11 holder.
------------------
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 video card 3DMark 11 benchmark test score
Name

EVGA CLASSFIED SR-2 | EVGA GTX580 QUAD SLI
Description

K|NGP|N with assist by Derek Chen | EVGA CLASSFIED SR-2 + 5690s DUAL F1 GEMINI LN2 Cooled | EVGA GTX580 QUAD SLI TEK-9 SLIM LN2 Cooled | CORSAIR DOMINATOR | EVGA CLASSIFIED 1200W PSU's | KINGPINcooling.com
--------------------

Since you mentioned it now, Seems that RoG is lieing now too...because if EVGA cant prove theirs, then RoG MOST DEFINATELY cant prove theirs by the same standards.
Funny, isnt it.

Oh and FYI 290 points on 3DMark11 is quite a significant difference in Xtreame benchmarking. It's not just a few numbers it's over a 1/4 thousand point diffeance.
Are you going to tell me that theres little difference between a system that scores 5900 and a system that scores 6200?

Plus your opinion on hardware holds no water. This thread is about facts and data, not your little onesided opinion. And before spouting BS in your defence you might want to check exactly what you are posting because you just totally invalidated yourself with your own post.

How did I invalidate my self? I just prove that the OP was not in the wrong for creating this thread and you were in wrong for trolling it.

I know that EVGA’s setup is at the top of the list! Think I do not read and research before posting? This has little to do with the top scoring setup and more to do with the fact that the OP was not in the wrong for creating the thread! The only reason you are trolling this thread is because you thought the OP and ASUS and Andre Yang were in the wrong, but you failed 100%.

So, you are still riding the hype train! Not everyone visits EVGA's site for info. The OP and Andre Yang only had to go by what it said on the 3dmark site and they most-likely did, so they are not in the wrong and do not have to apologize for anything.

It's about facts and data! What! It is about you making a false claim and trolling the OP with some bull "He should have check EVGA site". You are a joke man! 3dmark site is all he had to check and based on Andre Yang claimed score; he would have every right to say it is top (WRR)!

As for EVGA and ROG 3dmark score, neither is valid until posted on 3dmarks site! All I did was prove the OP is not in the wrong!

It is little difference! All that matters is real-world performance and reliability! Artificial software benchmarks are pointless! And when it comes down to real world performance and reliability, ASUS stomps EVGA every time! Sales prove it! EVGA MBs sales have declined, drastically (Do to poor quality)! EVGA’s a failing company. With the release of the new ATi cards coming, EVGA will even see a further decline in sales! The reaper is sharpening his blade and waiting to chop EVGA’s head off. Mahahahahhahha!

You’re just mad, because I just prove you were in wrong for trolling the OP and ASUS! Go troll somewhere else. Next time get your facts strait before you put someone on the chopping block!

And remember not everyone is going to go to ever manufactures site looking to see what their claimed benchmark scores are, most people will go to the source and the source in this case, is 3dmarks site!

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2338837
Appears that EVGA's Kingping Cooling resets the record 3DMark11 at X12730 3DMarks