cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-code error #51, What it is?

The_Veterant
Level 7
Help can someone help me what this error is all about? I found this at this forum http://www.overclock.net/t/1606782/asus-x99-deluxe-ii-w-thunderbolt-3-thunderbolt-display-working but I need some clarification on my case, thanks. Apart she is working fine but ones in a while when reboot she starts w/ some hiccups.
"I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.". 😄
7 REPLIES 7

meankeys
Level 13
I be leave its a Memory code - ie -Memory initialization error. invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed.

It could be you getting an error during your memory training - initialization. Are you using fast boot? are you OC your memory or running tight timings. are you OC your cache feq.?

I get that too once in awhile on my X99 Deluxe II if I am trying to push my memory setting.

Qwinn
Level 11
Per the manual, qcodes 50-53 are "Memory initialization error. Invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed."

Are you running on XMP settings?

The_Veterant
Level 7
Thanks Meankey and Qwinn, but my memory its not OC I got a XEON 2696v4 running them, at the begging of the thread I post a link to take you to the other thread that I made in another forum where I had the thread that I found about this error, but anyways here is the thread for you guys to read and confirm if it is a memory issue or the thunderbolt boot initialization process, thanks. http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2327732

Qwinn
Level 11
Okay, sorry, bit confusing seeing as you're asking about a Deluxe on an RVE forum, and your specs on both here and your first link say you're using a 5960x, not a Xeon.

Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with the Deluxe. Is the 2001 BIOS you're using very recent, i.e., post Broadwell-E? If so, I'd recommend going back to the most recent pre-Broadwell-E BIOS and see if it makes a difference.

meankeys
Level 13
Also remove the thunderbolt card and see if it stops giving you the code 51

meankeys wrote:
Also remove the thunderbolt card and see if it stops giving you the code 51

Thanks did that and it went back to (AA). Installed the thunderbolt card and it did the same, I assume it's the AIC boot option on the settings on Bios under thunderbolt option the one causing this. At least I know its not my memory, because the memory it self its 2400Mhz default SPD and the Xeon V4 its compatible w/ that speed, so I guess its all good, thanks.

meankeys
Level 13
Good to read you got it figured out 🙂