cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2133mhz RAM on g751 not running full speed

Quadrider10
Level 7
What's up guys?

I just recently installed corsair vengeance 2133mhz ram into my g751 and took the old stuff out, but for some reason, task manager is reading it at 1600mhz and cpuz and speccy are reading it as 1866. How to I get the full 2133? What can I change in BIOS or XTU? My bios Is unlocked.

It's all for ****s and giggles, until someone giggles and ****s.
8 REPLIES 8

JustinThyme
Level 13
There are no BIOS settings in these laptops, Its all done by SPD. Not all memory sticks play nicely. What do you mean your BIOS is unlocked? You have a hacked BIOS? That may be part of your problem.
I bought Gskill ripjaws, pulled the old, put in the new and BAM 2133.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53752-1-35V-memory-required-in-G751-G771-G551s-(same-as-G75...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Quadrider10
Level 7
I just unlocked all the hidden features. When I installed, I disconnected battery, reset bios to default and put new sticks in place of old ones.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Double check the clock with CPUZ Mine says PC1600 but the clock speed and timings say PC2133. Clock is at 1065 which makes for 2130 DDR.

If not and you have messed with previously locked BIOS settings and can see the memory make sure its set to SPD.

If all fails then it may very well be the RAM. I do know these machines are particular about what sticks they play nicely with. GSkill has been verified more than once to work and Corsair has been verified more than once to not even boot.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Double check the clock with CPUZ Mine says PC1600 but the clock speed and timings say PC2133. Clock is at 1065 which makes for 2130 DDR.

If not and you have messed with previously locked BIOS settings and can see the memory make sure its set to SPD.

If all fails then it may very well be the RAM. I do know these machines are particular about what sticks they play nicely with. GSkill has been verified more than once to work and Corsair has been verified more than once to not even boot.

couz says the clock is at 933mhz however the timimngs for 2133 are correct. these are the stick that i bought:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233890

JustinThyme
Level 13
I'm inclined to believe its the memory. There is mention of these sticks not working at all in the low voltage memory sticky and others hidden deep in the forum with the same results. Best Advice I can give you is to return those sticks and get the Gskill ripjaws 2133 that has been proven multiple times with this machine. Ive read through this forum many times and not a single instance of the corsair working correctly. Kingston hyperex has had mixed results, Samsung has worked with stock sticks.

Have a read through the sticky.

Quadrider10
Level 7
can i get a link to the gskill ones?

Quadrider10
Level 7
preferably an 8GB kit

Quadrider10 wrote:
preferably an 8GB kit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007609%2050008476%20600564...