cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G56 New Battery Problems

oMeGa1904
Level 7
Hi, is there a problem buying a new battery for ROG Asus laptops? I have a G56 and i tried to buy a new battery since the original one was dead and so i bought it from amazon. Didn't have much options there.
After that i was kinda glad since i could just use my laptop with the battery but the moment the battery is below 70% charged, my laptop just turns off. Idk why this happens, if the battery was bad from the beginning or if it's a problem with Asus, after all the panel displays the battery is 70% charged. Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Actually common place for cheap thrid party batteries to not work correctly. The laptop shuts down from under voltage. The voltage level is not provided by the same circuit, its provided by the so called smart battery. Let is dump then measure you battery directly. If it was me Id be returning the battery for a replacement or find a different vendor. I just searched and these are not uncommon nor hard to find, Literally hundreds of vendors, even on amazon.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Actually common place for cheap thrid party batteries to not work correctly. The laptop shuts down from under voltage. The voltage level is not provided by the same circuit, its provided by the so called smart battery. Let is dump then measure you battery directly. If it was me Id be returning the battery for a replacement or find a different vendor. I just searched and these are not uncommon nor hard to find, Literally hundreds of vendors, even on amazon.

Man that sucks.